2021 Season | Wildcard Weekend | Gameday Chatter Thread | 49ers @ Cowboys | 1/16/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Trying to reduce the whole season down to one catch by Wilson, which would have been a highlight reel catch for the ages, or dissecting the last second spike by Dak, ignores the the larger issues.

Dak would have had one second to complete a pass into the end zone. The fact that it came down to that misses the point that a talented team, at home, played a horrible game. Too many bone-headed penalties, undisciplined, out-schemed, out-played, out-physicaled. None of that will be fixed with draft picks or carrying on with business as usual.

There is something intrinsically and fundamentally wrong with this franchise. Yeah, it's most likely Jerry -- but even that's too easy an answer at this point.
Hard to argue the Jerry effect.
Almost the entire roster and coaching staff has turned over, yet the suckage continues. We all know the constant that HASNT changed.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
This is so stupid. Every Monday sports talk show, radio and TV talking about the last play ad nauseum. That would've given us like a 1% chance if we had one more play.

Talk about the other 59+ minutes where Dak was off for the most part, O line couldn't run or pass protect, we couldn't stop the run and most importantly the 14 penalties.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is so stupid. Every Monday sports talk show, radio and TV talking about the last play ad nauseum. That would've given us like a 1% chance if we had one more play.

Talk about the other 59+ minutes where Dak was off for the most part, O line couldn't run or pass protect, we couldn't stop the run and most importantly the 14 penalties.
And that helps the narrative for those that do come back next year.

We got jobbed!

That is a very bad optic to use and all of the leaders on this team, HC, QB and several defenders are endorsing it too. At first they alluded to ref bias and then it became a war cry. That is what a stupid team would do.

Just a shitty victim mindset. And it has to stop.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Just watching these plays you can see what a problem exists at Center and LG. Smith is washed but those two are weak.

I also think the OL scheme does not fit these guys. Way too much man blocking.

Overall, I think Philbin needs to get Nolan-ed.
Williams is so bad, each of the guys gave up plays where they were beat but I don't think any of them were as consistently impactful as the ones where Williams was whipped.

But I agree with Sturm, Moore never adjusted to account for this. The OL was clearly struggling from the start but Moore continued calling plays like the 2016 OL was out there.

It really shows another one of the blind spots of a guy like Moore who also doesn't seem to have much of a philosophy in the run game beyond inside Zone stuff.

Furthermore, there are teams out there doing Moore with much less on the OL, including the 49ers. Green Bay is another team that has had a patchwork OL all year and still has had a really solid running game/screen game.

So long story short, yes we need some fresh blood there, but the coaches aren't holding up their end of the bargain either.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
And is disrespecting the refs after every tough loss going to make them take it any easier on us? I'd argue the opposite.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
And that helps the narrative for those that do come back next year.

We got jobbed!

That is a very bad optic to use and all of the leaders on this team, HC, QB and several defenders are endorsing it too. At first they alluded to ref bias and then it became a war cry. That is what a stupid team would do.

Just a shitty victim mindset. And it has to stop.
Exactly.This game is on the offense and the team being undisciplined as a whole with all the penalties. You can't lead the league in penalties all season and then bitch when they get called in the playoffs.

BTW, I'm not watching or listening to any of those shit shows(stopped doing that many years ago), just seeing it on social media.

Now what does piss me off is the defensive holding calls in the last few minutes. Two of them and yes they were legit, but that hasn't been called twice all season. Nobody can tell me those were the two only times all game that a D lineman held an O lineman. No fucking way.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Little to no interest in this Cardinals/Rams game.

It is background noise.

But take a good look at their OLs. They are not better on paper but yet they both execute.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Holy shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom