2021 Season | Wildcard Weekend | Gameday Chatter Thread | 49ers @ Cowboys | 1/16/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Little to no interest in this Cardinals/Rams game.

It is background noise.

But take a good look at their OLs. They are not better on paper but yet they both execute.
Yea, I don't think we need to completely revamp the OL necessarily. We have to start bringing in fresh blood, and a new LG with a 1st or 2nd rounder would be a very nice start, but if you look at the OL's that teams like the Packers, 49ers, Titans, Rams and Bills have been trotting out you'll see talent that is similar to what we have, and often inferior.

The problem is the extreme amount of penalties and the lack of cohesive offensive design that takes into account everything that's going on all over the field. I have no doubt whatsoever that if you switched our OL out with that of the 49ers, Packers, Bills or whoever, keeping everything else the same, that those teams would get at least similar, and likely better results.

The crippling penalties are just mind-boggling too. We had 9 holding calls last year (with all the injuries along the OL), this year we had 34, and the biggest offender in Connor Williams played all of last season.

So think about that, Connor Williams, who played all 16 games in 2020 when we had 9 holding penalties all season, had more holding calls by himself this year. That's either coaching, incompetent offensive play design, or the refs having it out for us, plain and simple.

The only team in the last 10 years to have more holding calls against us was Jacksonville in 2019, a 6-10 team with a mediocre at best OL.

At any rate, we have to start rebuilding the OL over the next 2 years, but even if we just replace Williams with a high pick, or even just shift Collins inside and move Steele to RT, there is enough there for the coaches to work with.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, I don't think we need to completely revamp the OL necessarily. We have to start bringing in fresh blood, and a new LG with a 1st or 2nd rounder would be a very nice start, but if you look at the OL's that teams like the Packers, 49ers, Titans, Rams and Bills have been trotting out you'll see talent that is similar to what we have, and often inferior.

The problem is the extreme amount of penalties and the lack of cohesive offensive design that takes into account everything that's going on all over the field. I have no doubt whatsoever that if you switched our OL out with that of the 49ers, Packers, Bills or whoever, keeping everything else the same, that those teams would get at least similar, and likely better results.

The crippling penalties are just mind-boggling too. We had 9 holding calls last year (with all the injuries along the OL), this year we had 34, and the biggest offender in Connor Williams played all of last season.

So think about that, Connor Williams, who played all 16 games in 2020 when we had 9 holding penalties all season, had more holding calls by himself this year. That's either coaching, incompetent offensive play design, or the refs having it out for us, plain and simple.

The only team in the last 10 years to have more holding calls against us was Jacksonville in 2019, a 6-10 team with a mediocre at best OL.

At any rate, we have to start rebuilding the OL over the next 2 years, but even if we just replace Williams with a high pick, or even just shift Collins inside and move Steele to RT, there is enough there for the coaches to work with.
I appreciate your posts because I literally could give two shits about the playoffs at this point. And it really is a head scratcher what has happened with the penalties.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hate this team. I hate myself for following this team.
I feel the same sensation of needing a shower.

But I am proud of myself that I did not devote as much time to it as I had in previous years.

data

Forbes #1
as much time to it as I had in previous years.
The fuck does that mean. We spending 50% less of ‘devoted time’ is still 99% more time than 99% of self-defined Cowboys fans. Pathetic. Applaud for not spending money for tshirts and jerseys, but we waste our most valuable currency in this franchise - our lives.

I shoukdve been on a tropical island this three day weekend.

data

Forbes #1
I just can't figure out wtf he's waiting for. Jesus Christ, sometimes our wrs are "college" open and he's back there shuffling around.
And this is on our signature play for the last 5 seasons - PA bootleg with TE short and WR over the top.

Due to chuckfuck’s hesitation, he’s thrown a pick six and then this wasted play

p1_

DCC 4Life
I just can't figure out wtf he's waiting for. Jesus Christ, sometimes our wrs are "college" open and he's back there shuffling around.
he was under seige a bunch yesterday, protection not great.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Theres a number of blowouts this wildcard season.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Rams trade all their picks for Ramsey, Stanford, Miller etc and are rolling. We keep our players get stuck with Dak, Dlaw and Zeke and get bounced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom