2021 Season | Wildcard Weekend | Gameday Chatter Thread | 49ers @ Cowboys | 1/16/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think Jerry does have a love affair for Kellen Moore and it cuts McCarthy off at the balls. Which is probably why this all trickles back to Jerry ultimately and his circus atmosphere. McCarthy didn't want Hard Knocks either but was given no choice because Jerry wanted the free fucking publicity.
Can't coach the way he wants, can't call plays like he wants to.

It never ends. Thanks Jerruh.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Winning the division and one playoff game next year should be the bare minimum for McCarthy to keep his job.
I agree, there is no reason we shouldn't be able to. If we can't with McCarthy then Jerry needs to suck it up and get a badass coach.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Full disclosure, I don’t remember most of the game. I remember the Amari TD, the punter hitting the scoreboard, the defensive line holding call(was there two against Dallas?), and the WR running for a TD.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't coach the way he wants, can't call plays like he wants to.

It never ends. Thanks Jerruh.
Yeah ultimately the buck stops with Jerry. He wants all the credit then he should take all the blame too. He has been a rotting festering owner for this team for a long time. I'm not suddenly going to have faith that he gave McCarthy power to do what he wants.

Ultimately I want someone to run the offense like we did Quinn with the defense. Someone that can take Zeke off the field and no one questions it (The way Jaylon was cut despite being a Jerry prized possession). I just don't think we have a dude like that in the offensive side.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Like who? Lol.

McCarthy is the badass coach.
McCarthy is like 3/4 down the page of things wrong with this team. He’s won a Super Bowl, granted with AR, but AR has also only won a SB with McCarthy.

The coach is an easy target for sure, but at some point this team became the team that does exactly what it did yesterday. No matter the players or coaches, they just shrink when the lights comeon.

I’d cut the QB long before I’d fire the coach.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The same Sean Payton who hasn't won anything in New Orleans since 2009 despite having a QB nearly the entire time who puts ours to shame?

Hire Payton. I like him.

Nothing changes, though.
I think Sean Payton is a better head coach. Probably top 5 in the NFL.

Hell I think Kyle Shannahan is a better head coach too. It's not just about results. It's about results with the talent on the field. And I don't know that Sean Payton has always had the best talent on the field. The guy is able to scheme up shit with whoever is on the field at a pretty good level.

And I like McCarthy, I really do. I think he is a very good coach. I don't want him fired. But I also need to see the team continue to progress. Because there is no point in being a playoff team every year if you fall flat.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The same Sean Payton who hasn't won anything in New Orleans since 2009 despite having a QB nearly the entire time who puts ours to shame?

Hire Payton. I like him.

Nothing changes, though.
Nothing changes because the same family that gave out those bad contracts are going to be the same people that choose the groceries.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Now that Dallas is out of the picture for the playoffs I have switched my allegiance to Arizona, however it is only for the playoffs

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Possible, but something close to a miracle
Is it really a miracle to catch a ball when it hits both your hands? I mean seriously, WR's come back for underthrown balls and make the catch every week in the NFL. Difficult, absolutely but certainly not a miracle. We have seen many of these types of catches and more difficult ones made throughout the season.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Hire Payton. I like him.

Nothing changes, though.

This is the thing about Payton, and I like him too. But you can't argue that McCarthy was a bumbling idiot carried by Rodgers without also arguing the same with Payton and Brees. It's practically the same resume.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Is it really a miracle to catch a ball when it hits both your hands? I mean seriously, WR's come back for underthrown balls and make the catch every week in the NFL. Difficult, absolutely but certainly not a miracle. We have seen many of these types of catches and more difficult ones made throughout the season.
Agreed. Challenging catch definitely. But once it hits your hands in good position as a receiver you'd really like to make that play.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
It's like the David Tyree helmet catch. More often than not you need a play or two like that along the way if you're going to win a Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom