2021 Season | Week 17 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cardinals @ Cowboys | 1/2/22

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
^ Baker has a habit of taking off running when he doesn't need to.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Ok he's def on the spectrum

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think he expected Cooper to kind of hook up and settle in the open space to create a little more distance between him and the DB, just more miscommunication/not being on the same page for Dak and the WR's.
It seems like the only dude that he seems in tune with is Wilson...and that's not great.

data

Forbes #1
I think he expected Cooper to kind of hook up and settle in the open space to create a little more distance between him and the DB, just more miscommunication/not being on the same page for Dak and the WR's.
Not just that. Dak is way late on his throw. Pre-snap his read is the strong safety on the strong side with trips. Pre-snap it’s apparent man-to-man with that strong safety over top. The read is which WR does the SS assist. As soon as snap happens, SS drifts inside and deep, Dak should be sticking his third step in the dirt and firing to Amari, who cleanly won inside position on the CB. Prescott instead takes a hop forward and that disrupts the timing.

Was Dak looking at the pass rush, spooked by earlier batted passes or drop zone?

Seemed like an easy pitch and catch with Arizona playing standard coverage.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah seems like Dak and Cooper used to connect on this stuff in their sleep. I'm really not sure what's going on. Oh well, it will either come together in two weeks or it's another season down the drain.

And yes we have a game next week and I don't want to lose but we might as well prepare for the rematch with the Cardinals mentally.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah but those big third down runs and conversions, those were some awful holds.

This is the problem, just call it the same for both teams.
Most of the holds they called on us were 50/50, often times it was where a blocker was engaged with a defensive player, the defensive player changed directions abruptly, often as our blocker was moving in the opposite direction, and the blocker's hand would be lodged in the shoulder pad as they changed directions, or slide across the defensive player's chest with a tug as they're moving the other way.

Most of them were not just a blatant hold where the offensive player has their arm wrapped around the defensive player's chest/neck, or grabs a handful of jersey from behind or something.

I've seen those both called and not called, it happens, it's football and the refs are inconsistent. But to have those 50/50 calls consistently called on us over and over on almost every single first half drive, while this blatant hold goes uncalled with 2 refs staring right at the OL tugging on Lawrence's shoulder pad as he closes in on Murray?

That's a bridge too god damn far for me.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This definitively affected the game. Instead of 2 points and receiving a free kick or getting the ball on an extremely short field the Cards managed to move down the field and score.

Yep. Huge swing.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life

simple answer no.

reasoninig the Cards came in disrepsecting the Cowboys and thats what you do. the Cowboys can beat up bad or depleted teams and the base has accepted mediocrity so much they just eat it up.

good teams need to win and Dallas doesnt compete with that. and any excuse will do.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You really do have to ask the question why? Is it the coaching? I seriously doubt it because we have new coaches and the same problems. Maybe it's the players but we have a ton of new players and the players have turned over significantly over the years and we have the same problem. Is it a reputation that the officiating crews have just kind of bought into? Like the Cowboys are cheaters in their minds so they scrutinize us harder and year after year it kind of goes on despite all the real life changes with the team? Is it an agenda that certain officials and officiating crews just hate the Cowboys. Is is a conspiracy by the league?

I'm really not sure but the history over an extended period of time just doesn't justify, they need to play cleaner to me. If that was the case you'd see it even out over time while players are swapped in and out and coaches change. So there has to be something more to it than simply "The players need to clean it up" because that's nearly impossible in a contact sport like this where a penalty could be called on nearly every play.

Top Bottom