2021 Season | Week 17 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cardinals @ Cowboys | 1/2/22

p1_

DCC 4Life
I admit I step away from the board when watching the game. I missed the response to MM having burned our time outs and thus he couldn’t challenge the clear fumble the refs missed.
Did he get his ass reamed properly for that game killing bonehead decision?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I admit I step away from the board when watching the game. I missed the response to MM having burned our time outs and thus he couldn’t challenge the clear fumble the refs missed.
Did he get his ass reamed properly for that game killing bonehead decision?
One of the called TOs was a direct result of a fuckup by the refs. So I wouldn’t ream him too bad.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I’m fed up with it, too. I’m not one that thinks the refs have it out for the Cowboys, they’re just bad in general.

I remember when you could watch a game and not have to hold your breath every time there was a decent play. It’s gotten that bad, and it’s usually focused on one team for a while and then you start to see them try and force a balancing act to try and even things out as the game goes on.

It’s bullshit. The refs have way too much freedom to fuck things up without repercussions.
Oh I definitely think there’s bias towards the Cowboys and a few other teams when it comes to calling penalties out on the field.

UncleMilti

Staff member

I think this is the vast majority of our issue offensively. Defenses disguising their looks and Dak being confused.

Maybe Dak is missing having a veteran backup in his ear?
I think Dak definitely needs a different guy in his ear. It’s been apparent for a while. Romo really knew how to help Dak, and while Romo isn’t coming back I do believe he needs someone who understands the different looks and alignments during the game and can help him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Dak definitely needs a different guy in his ear. It’s been apparent for a while. Romo really knew how to help Dak, and while Romo isn’t coming back I do believe he needs someone who understands the different looks and alignments during the game and can help him.
I mean I usually put that one on the QB coach. But yeah Romo definitely knows the game. I have no idea about our QB coach.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Mark Sanchez also. I think it tends to be very important for a lot of young QBs to have that vet in his ear.

p1_

DCC 4Life
One of the called TOs was a direct result of a fuckup by the refs. So I wouldn’t ream him too bad.
The Cardinals said they had no intention of going for it on fourth-and-five from the Dallas 8-yard line, holding a 19-7 lead late in the third quarter. They left much of their offense on the field, along with kicker Matt Prater, in hopes of getting the Cowboys to do what the Cowboys did — call a timeout. (The Cardinals kicked a field goal after the Cowboys called the timeout.)

“Yeah, we did,” Kingsbury said. “[Special teams] coach [Jeff] Rodgers had that one up. A tremendous thought by him, and it ended up being a huge play in the game. They didn’t have that challenge left, so [you’ve] got to give him a lot of credit for that call.”

It’s something the Cardinals practiced last week, quarterback Kyler Murray said, and the confused Cowboys failed to cover Christian Kirk, A.J. Green or Zach Ertz before calling the timeout. Murray also was on the field.

“At the end of the day, that was a crucial moment in the game,” Murray said. “I don’t know if Chase actually fumbled the ball, but they couldn’t do anything. That was crucial.”

~~~~

this one here. They fooled MM, and had been working on it leading up to the game.

UncleMilti

Staff member
I mean I usually put that one on the QB coach. But yeah Romo definitely knows the game. I have no idea about our QB coach.
That was my point. The QB coach doesn’t seem to be helping him much.

UncleMilti

Staff member
The Cardinals said they had no intention of going for it on fourth-and-five from the Dallas 8-yard line, holding a 19-7 lead late in the third quarter. They left much of their offense on the field, along with kicker Matt Prater, in hopes of getting the Cowboys to do what the Cowboys did — call a timeout. (The Cardinals kicked a field goal after the Cowboys called the timeout.)

“Yeah, we did,” Kingsbury said. “[Special teams] coach [Jeff] Rodgers had that one up. A tremendous thought by him, and it ended up being a huge play in the game. They didn’t have that challenge left, so [you’ve] got to give him a lot of credit for that call.”

It’s something the Cardinals practiced last week, quarterback Kyler Murray said, and the confused Cowboys failed to cover Christian Kirk, A.J. Green or Zach Ertz before calling the timeout. Murray also was on the field.

“At the end of the day, that was a crucial moment in the game,” Murray said. “I don’t know if Chase actually fumbled the ball, but they couldn’t do anything. That was crucial.”

~~~~

this one here.
I think it’s great that AZ was desperate and resorted to drawing up fake kicks and fake punts. What’s their encore in the playoffs? Whether it’s Dallas or whoever they’ve kinda put everyone on notice that you have to be zoned in whenever they punt or go for a FG or 4th down.
They played like a desperate team but I think they’ve kinda fucked themselves for the playoffs.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think it’s great that AZ was desperate and resorted to drawing up fake kicks and fake punts. What’s their encore in the playoffs? Whether it’s Dallas or whoever they’ve kinda put everyone on notice that you have to be zoned in whenever they punt or go for a FG or 4th down.
They played like a desperate team but I think they’ve kinda fucked themselves for the playoffs.
that fucking helmet catch on the fake punt was insane.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
this one here. They fooled MM, and had been working on it leading up to the game.
Feh. I don't look at it like they 'fooled' him. They had WRs and their QB on the field. We had special teamers out there. You had to call timeout. If they actually had ran a play, we would have been absolutely fucked, and they would have had 7 more points. If we wouldn't have called the timeout, would they have gone ahead and kicked the FG since they say they were not going for it? Doubtful. They would have ran a very big risk of getting it blocked, since they had WRs and a QB out there instead of their normal FG team trying to block. They would have either ran a play or called TO themselves. But we couldn't take that chance.

It was a smart coaching wrinkle on their part. Nothing more.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Feh. I don't look at it like they 'fooled' him. They had WRs and their QB on the field. We had special teamers out there. You had to call timeout. If they actually had ran a play, we would have been absolutely fucked, and they would have had 7 more points. If we wouldn't have called the timeout, would they have gone ahead and kicked the FG since they say they were not going for it? Doubtful. They would have ran a very big risk of getting it blocked, since they had WRs and a QB out there instead of their normal FG team trying to block. They would have either ran a play or called TO themselves. But we couldn't take that chance.

It was a smart coaching wrinkle on their part. Nothing more.
They left much of their offense on the field, along with kicker Matt Prater, in hopes of getting the Cowboys to do what the Cowboys did — call a timeout. (The Cardinals kicked a field goal after the Cowboys called the timeout.)

Why would they have both the kicker and the offense on the field if there was no trickery intended? It worked to a "T".

shoop

Semi-contributing member
It was a trick. The intent was either to have the cowboys see it and leave their regular D on the field in which case they could either kick the FG or call a timeout themselves, or the Cowboys would make an assumption and put the wrong players on the field like most teams would and potentially cost the cowboys a timeout which is what happened. Either way it was a low/no cost move.

Had the officials correctly stopped the clock when Edmonds tried to stay inbounds but failed to do so when tackled by Parsons on the play at 3:01 then the Cowboys would not have had to burn a timeout. They would have had the timeout when Edmonds fumbled on the next play. While no single event cost the Cowboys the game several things changed at the right time to cause it to be more difficult to overcome.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It was a trick. The intent was either to have the cowboys see it and leave their regular D on the field in which case they could either kick the FG or call a timeout themselves, or the Cowboys would make an assumption and put the wrong players on the field like most teams would and potentially cost the cowboys a timeout which is what happened. Either way it was a low/no cost move.

Had the officials correctly stopped the clock when Edmonds tried to stay inbounds but failed to do so when tackled by Parsons on the play at 3:01 then the Cowboys would not have had to burn a timeout. They would have had the timeout when Edmonds fumbled on the next play. While no single event cost the Cowboys the game several things changed at the right time to cause it to be more difficult to overcome.
It was risky on the part of the Cards. They will only get away with this once, which lends itself to the fact they emptied the basket to win that game. It won't be the same next go around.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It was risky on the part of the Cards. They will only get away with this once, which lends itself to the fact they emptied the basket to win that game. It won't be the same next go around.
I like our chances alot next time around.

p1_

DCC 4Life
We were supposed to lose that game. Just get to the playoffs healthy and see what happens.

Every team is flawed.
I got the feeling we werent really worried about the final result.

Top Bottom