2021 Season | Week 13 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Saints | 12/2/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Both Zeke and Pollard were stifled running the ball straight up Thursday. Zeke is a terrible matchup against defenses like New Orleans or Tampa because there’s no room to run between the tackles.

The best exploit is East/West, and Zeke doesn’t have the jets for that.

Zeke certainly can run wide, he's done it many times in his career and in fact did it successfully last night while injured.

They only ran wide a couple of times last night but it seemed to me to be more successful and should have been tried earlier and more often.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agree, he is giving us nothing right now and I think it prevents Zeke from actually getting healthy. Wish we would just let the guy rest. Zeke is a competitor and will never do that himself but he needs to get healthy and getting beat up every week isn't going to get that done.

And this reminds me of another play last night. We ran a fucking slant with Zeke against Lattimore. You have a high end corner going against a slow/hurt RB and you run a fucking passing route? Pollard is built for that stuff. Why do that with Zeke?

ZeroClub

UFA
Zeke certainly can run wide, he's done it many times in his career and in fact did it successfully last night while injured.

They only ran wide a couple of times last night but it seemed to me to be more successful and should have been tried earlier and more often.
Yes, but my goodness ... there was one particular play last night when Zeke ran wide and looked so gimpy doing it. It was pitiful. He reminded me of Walter Brennan in The Real McCoys.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The funny thing is we're irritated after a 10 point win and 8-4 record.
I think fans, and even the team, got spoiled and became arrogant (see all the reckless 4th down tries) about how easy things should come to the offense, as if it were an inevitability that we'd put up 30+ every game. It was very similar to the issues the Chiefs had for most of the year until they were humbled and forced to reign themselves back in.

I think McCarthy could sense it with his comments about needing to "win ugly", the offensive success just came way too easily over the first half of the year and I think the players will have to humble themselves and lock back in.

It was also kind of a perfect storm with the Elliott injury hampering the running game and the rotating cast of WR's due to injury messing up chemistry in the passing game. I still have hope that they can get back to the level they were at pre-bye but they're going to have to be honest with themselves and re-focus.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He was awesome, the people who want him cut might not like it but he's still a very good player and should remain on the team as long as he can just stay on the field. Overpaid, yes, but he's still like a ~15ish million/year type player in my opinion, and I want a DE of that caliber in his prime on the roster.

data

Forbes #1
We struggled, but we won...compared to before the Saints game started, do you feel better about this team this morning after the win?

shoop

Semi-contributing member
There were some weird miscommunication throws. Dak getting clocked in the face pick (How does he not get that call) but it wasn't drops it was separation. Guys were just not getting much of it. I think Kellen Moore needs to come up with better rub routes for these coverages.
If they threw that flag it would negate the turnover and possibly increase the win margin.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom