2021 Season | Week 13 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Saints | 12/2/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
What calvary….Hill and Gregory? They don’t play offense.
Calvary On defense...Gregory, Gallimore, a full return of a conditioned and active Lawrence (not just a tease like we got tonight)

Calvary On offense...11 days to get Dak's calf 100% to normal and to reset his mechanics and timing. Cooper all-the-way back to himself. Some debugging of line issues.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
no dispute, all carries matter and count. the 58 and the 13.
All I know is if Pollard didn't get that 58 yarder this was a very different game. So it is pretty important and was also a very impressive run. Dude had him in the backfield and he made him miss, broke a tackle and then just outran everyone else.

Anyone else think Zeke would have done that?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Calvary On defense...Gregory, Gallimore, a full return of a conditioned and active Lawrence (not just a tease like we got tonight)

Calvary On offense...11 days to get Dak's calf 100% to normal and to reset his mechanics and timing. Cooper all-the-way back to himself. Some debugging of line issues.
Way less Noah Brown...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Moore seems out of ideas if the run game isn't at least average, the vast majority of our passing game tonight were low percentage/tight window throws that Dak had to fit in there, along with a handful of WR screens.

And I think the running game is as bad as it is either because of the coaches insistence on feeding an injured Elliott, or because our run blocking schemes aren't diverse enough (or likely both). Either way, I think the run game is on the coaches because there are less talented OL's all across the league who have been way more productive running the ball the last month or so.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fixed it for you.
I agree but at least earlier in the year you could count on Zeke falling forward when hit to get you 4 or 5 yards. Now it's like 2 most of his carries at best.

If you can consistently get 4 yards on the ground without the big runs it makes it really difficult on a defense. But when you get 2 or less it puts all the pressure on your passing game. Especially when a team like the Saints were able to accomplish that with 2 safeties back deep.

The Bucs did it to us but it was with 8 in the box most of the time.

data

Forbes #1
Moore seems out of ideas if the run game isn't at least average, the vast majority of our passing game tonight were low percentage/tight window throws that Dak had to fit in there, along with a handful of WR screens.

And I think the running game is as bad as it is either because of the coaches insistence on feeding an injured Elliott, or because our run blocking schemes aren't diverse enough (or likely both). Either way, I think the run game is on the coaches because there are less talented OL's all across the league who have been way more productive running the ball the last month or so.
You’re right. Saints had several receptions that were schemed so open that even Taysom Hill completed them.

The only schemed open receiver we had was the 4th down attempt where the flow of the play went sideline and CeeDee cut up the hash marks, but incomplete cuz CD looked outside and Dak threw inside. That was probably a TD.

Too many Gallup toetaps and leaping Schultz contested catches required to win tonight.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You’re right. Saints had several receptions that were schemed so open that even Taysom Hill completed them.

The only schemed open receiver we had was the 4th down attempt where the flow of the play went towards the sideline and CeeDee ran up the hash marks, but incomplete cuz CD looked outside and Dak threw inside. That was probably a TD
Yeah there was one where the one receiver didn't even fake the pick, he just out right crushed our DB who was covering the WR to create a wide open TD. If teams are playing man and getting physical with our receivers I have no idea why we don't utilize these pick plays.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

The only schemed open receiver we had was the 4th down attempt where the flow of the play went sideline and CeeDee cut up the hash marks, but incomplete cuz CD looked outside and Dak threw inside. That was probably a TD.

Too many Gallup toetaps and leaping Schultz contested catches required to win tonight.
Yea and what's odd is that we were successful early in the year with pick plays, no idea what has Moore, and the offense so out of sorts. I just hope if we can have some consistency on the OL and amongst the WR's that they'll get back on track over these next few games.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
Following up on something a few pages back...

Bills backs vrs. Saints
Devin Singletary 15 44 2.9 ave
Matt Breida 9 26 2.9 ave

Rushing yardage boosted by Allen's QB runs.

This is pretty typical of most Saints games this year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Following up on something a few pages back...

Bills backs vrs. Saints
Devin Singletary 15 44 2.9 ave
Matt Breida 9 26 2.9 ave

Rushing yardage boosted by Allen's QB runs.

This is pretty typical of most Saints games this year.
The Saints have one of the best run defenses in the league and their defense is relatively healthy, but the problem is the running game did literally nothing outside of Pollard's huge run and maybe one or two 5-6 yard runs.

The bigger issue is the run game has been quiet for a month now, it's not just this particular game.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
The bigger issue is the run game has been quiet for a month now, it's not just this particular game.
Oh no doubt. I've posted it about here and over at "the others" Cowboy forum. Concerning as it is puzzling.

Last edited:

T-RO

DCC 4Life
Not really. He is a homeristic clown.
Behind the walls of your cold austerity lay 1,000 inner voices. Voices of your heart and mind, crying out to hope again, feel joy again, laugh again. They constitute your true identity.

These are known as BMIV's - Boozeman's inner voices, suppressed by the czar of your SuperEgo, encircled and subjugated by a vast dreary wall. True Cowboys joy requires free expression for all BMIVs. Inner censorship must end.

"So I would say,​
General Secretary Boozeman, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for DC-Central and the broader Cowboy Nation, if you seek liberalization, come here to this gate.​
Boozeman, open this gate!​
Boozeman, tear down this wall!"

Last edited:

T-RO

DCC 4Life
I absolutely refuse to call someone by their name if it starts with ‘Lil’.
Lilly? Lilith?

If any of you want a freak-out look up the mythology behind the name "Lilith". In ancient alternative Jewish scriptures Lilith preceded Eve. She was Adam's first try. Wasn't a sweet woman. Amongst other things she liked to eat babies. Her babies, other woman's babies, lottsa babies!

I describe it as a freak-out because this character was overtly demonic and murderous in this alternative Jewish scripture yet became celebrated in some modern circles (e.g. Lilith fairs).

But back to you, Sheik...what do you mean with 'Lil'?

Last edited:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
OVER/UNDER
  • Saints score 15 points OVER
  • Ezekiel Elliott rushing yards 90 UNDER
  • Zeuerlein 1 missed FGs/XPs UNDER
  • Cowboys attempt 2 fourth downs/2pointers UNDER
  • Micah Parsons 1.5 sacks UNDER

Winner is...
How much do I win?