2021 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
It's crazy when you start adding up all the wasted money and what we could have got in free agency instead.
If it weren't for McCoy and Clinton-Dix, we'd have 2 extra 6th round comp picks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Apparently Amari Cooper just had ankle surgery.

Last edited:

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I’ll be honest I hated it at the time. Now, he is still a young talented route runner who causes no distractions and is a team player. I’ll take that even if we did overpay him a little. Should have resigned him as part of the trade. Would have been cheaper.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, it's something you just can't have with a RB. The whole point of running the ball is that it's safe. Lower rewards but far lower risks as well. When a RB fumbles the ball suddenly it's lower rewards and equal risks. Makes it where there is little point in running the ball.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He thought it was because there was no sleeve on his arm .. and then fumbled with the sleeve on. :picard

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, it's something you just can't have with a RB. The whole point of running the ball is that it's safe. Lower rewards but far lower risks as well. When a RB fumbles the ball suddenly it's lower rewards and equal risks. Makes it where there is little point in running the ball.
I agree that the point of running the ball in part is that it is a much safer option. And part of that is about turnovers.

But to be fair, it's still nowhere near equal risks even with as many fumbles as Zeke had. As a team, we threw more than twice as many interceptions as Zeke fumbles, and we didn't throw a particularly high number of interceptions.

Your point stands that some of the advantage of running the ball is diminished with that many fumbles, but it's still not close to equal risk.

That said, no question Zeke's fumbles need to come down. The good news is he seemed to get a lot better with it in the second half of the season.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
While 6 was too many most of that was in one game. Not excusing him but I thought he did well protecting the ball after that. You know the opposing team was going after as well and I think he had just one more after that one game?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Zeke corrected the fumbles for the most part after midseason. His mistakes get magnified because of his contract and how poor the team was overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom