2021 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We should definitely re-sign Awuzie or Lewis for cheap so that we don't feel pressured to take a CB. Aldon I'm indifferent on, I'd be fine bringing him back on a 1 or 2 year deal but obviously nothing significant.

I'd really only aim to bring these guys back to free us up in the draft and keep our depth solid, although they're all obviously very replaceable.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think Awuzie has the tools to be a solid CB with good coaching.

Lewis can't cover for shit. There's something to be said about him being an opportunistic player, but I just think his coverage skills are too poor to keep around.

Smith I let walk. I'd rather use that money to add a player with more impact and more gas left in the tank.

If Gregory hadn't finished the season strong, then I would have considered it. But I think Gregory can do what Smith did this year and more.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Lewis can't cover for shit. There's something to be said about him being an opportunistic player, but I just think his coverage skills are too poor to keep around.

Smith I let walk. I'd rather use that money to add a player with more impact and more gas left in the tank.

If Gregory hadn't finished the season strong, then I would have considered it. But I think Gregory can do what Smith did this year and more.
I'm the opposite of you. I love the way Lewis plays. Chido to me is just an average Joe corner. Lewis is aggressive and plays hard. Sure he is a little overly aggressive and gets penalties sometimes by being too physical but I think he is the exact type of player I want on my defense. He isn't afraid to hit and make plays.

Don't get me wrong, I'd welcome Chido back but I think I prefer Lewis. But probably just give me the cheaper guy.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We should definitely re-sign Awuzie or Lewis for cheap so that we don't feel pressured to take a CB. Aldon I'm indifferent on, I'd be fine bringing him back on a 1 or 2 year deal but obviously nothing significant.

I'd really only aim to bring these guys back to free us up in the draft and keep our depth solid, although they're all obviously very replaceable.
I agree. At first I thought Jerry was talking about spending significant money to keep our own players, in which case I'd rather move on from all of them rather than break the bank for any of them. On a cheap deal it's different but he was talking about Dak's contract taking away from spending on defense and to me that implies spending real money.

But in rereading it I see it also referred to spending for outside free agents, which definitely raises an eyebrow and of course I'd be all for.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I agree. At first I thought Jerry was talking about spending significant money to keep our own players, in which case I'd rather move on from all of them rather than break the bank for any of them. On a cheap deal it's different but he was talking about Dak's contract taking away from spending on defense and to me that implies spending real money.

But in rereading it I see it also referred to spending for outside free agents, which definitely raises an eyebrow and of course I'd be all for.
Please Lord let us sign one external FA in the 8-10 million/year range.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Notice Jaylon's data here:
1. He allows pass yards comparable to the DBs and
2. He's not even top 4 in run stoppage.

What the fuck else is there? Does neither one particularly well.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
His replacement in GB posted back to back 13-3 seasons. The draft that repaired their defense was 100% the reason why.

Coaches can't do much without talent and/or weak competition.
Lol....damn Ravi maybe so but it helps to have an all world QB who threw for a measly 46 TDS this season. Same guy Meatball had.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Lewis definitely regressed this year. His first few years he looked like he had the best instincts out of our group of CBs. But this year the only time he really stood out was when he was making a mistake.

So I agree that Awuzie seems like the safer and more reliable player between the two. I just hope his price isn't driven up by teams desperate for CB help.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Kinda refreshing to see Skeletor not giving a COVID pass to Nolan. I expected him to try to spin a web of excuses.

But to be fair to Nolan, with the exception of about 4 players he was handed steaming pile of shit to work with. So I hope Jerry doesn't assume just swapping coordinators is going to fix the front office's mess.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Kinda refreshing to see Skeletor not giving a COVID pass to Nolan. I expected him to try to spin a web of excuses.
Nolan isn't his guy, though. Jerry always preferred the 43.

If it were one of his handpicked boys, he'd have 100 excuses.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Lol....damn Ravi maybe so but it helps to have an all world QB who threw for a measly 46 TDS this season. Same guy Meatball had.
Yeah, goes without saying. I was mainly pointing out the difference between the last two seasons and MM’s last two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom