2021 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:picard

So typical if true.

I want Nolan gone, but that has to be the HC's decision not the fake GM.

Even when Jerry's right he's wrong.
This is exactly right. If McCarthy wants to keep Nolan, then Nolan should stay. MM is the fucking head coach. If you don't trust him to build his staff, then fire him and hire someone you do trust.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is exactly right. If McCarthy wants to keep Nolan, then Nolan should stay. MM is the fucking head coach. If you don't trust him to build his staff, then fire him and hire someone you do trust.
If Fat Mike doggedly sticks behind Nolan and wants to die on that hill, then he might need to go.

You can't have a horrific season that set franchise records for futility and not be accountable.

And Jones is right, other new DCs had the same lack of practice, injuries and COVID challenges and they did not field their worst D in team history.

It is not right to have a coordinator in place that needs the offense to score 30 points every single game to have a chance to win.

Cotton

Staff member
If he doggedly sticks behind Nolan and wants to die on that hill, then he might need to go.
Maybe so, but that should be his decision. We have gotten so used to things being done assbackwards that we have forgotten how a real team is run.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And Jones is right, other new DCs had the same lack of practice, injuries and COVID challenges and they did not field their worst D in team history.
I'll bet those coaches didn't have hyperactive fools like Jaylon Smith forced down their throats. I'll also wager those coaches had actual talent and weren't told to use barely functional shells like Crawford, Poe, and McCoy as their starting team all offseason.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Damn, turned on The Fan to see if Jerry's interview was still going on and the guy on there is absolutely ripping Jerry for his insecurities as a football man, even bringing up Jimmy. Pretty strong rant. If Jerry heard this he'd be so pissed. Very surprising from the Official Station.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
His replacement in GB posted back to back 13-3 seasons. The draft that repaired their defense was 100% the reason why.

Coaches can't do much without talent and/or weak competition.

Correct. And they also finally spent money on free agency. All that makes a difference.

He wasn't coaching THIS GB team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pay who on the defense? I'd be happier seeing every single one of them walk, other than the rookies.
There are a couple I wouldnt mind back. I would try to keep Awuzie or Lewis. Not keen on paying Aldon Smith.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Correct. And they also finally spent money on free agency. All that makes a difference.

He wasn't coaching THIS GB team.
Yea, they spent alot of resources on defense that didn't come to fruition until McCarthy was gone.

They spent a bunch of FA money the first offseason after McCarthy left in 2019 signing Za'Darius Smith, Preston Smith and Adrian Amos. They also had two firsts in 2019 thanks to trade downs from the previous year and took Gary and Savage, so that's 5 guys all on defense acquired with premium resources the first offseason after McCarthy left.

They also took Jaire Alexander with their 1 in 2018 and while good as a rookie he didn't really become an elite, All-Pro type player until 2019-2020.

So they basically built out most of the core of their defense the first offseason McCarthy left. We actually have the resources to do something similar this offseason, it's just a matter of whether or not the front office is willing to go after a legitimate starter in their prime in FA.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We actually have the resources to do something similar this offseason, it's just a matter of whether or not the front office is willing to go after a legitimate starter in their prime in FA.
You will get four shitbirds for $14M again and like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom