2021 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
But what if it wins us a game? When we go for it on fourth down and it works and we score the TD, do we count those as winning us the game?
Yes of course. Some of those are ‘required’ like Cedric’s sky catch. But when you’re deep in your own side of the field and a fail gives the opponent an automatic 3 points, it’s not a given to risk it.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
It's normal, man.

We've had a lot to bitch about as Cowboys fans for a really long time and both consciously and subconsciously, that becomes habit forming.

When you couple that with what appears to be something special in the making, it's normal to want or demand their best because we're all desperate for a real winner here and we want them to have their best shot at achieving that.

All in all, I think we're all pretty reasonable fans on this board which is why it's easy to get where one another is coming from when we make our points.
I think, at least for me, it’s the short sighted vision of our management. Yeah, it’s tough to have a steak at every position but there was and is still no reason to not have better players on the roster at positions that have been putrid for YEARS. The Patriots exploited big holes in the DL and gained huge chucks of yardage with their RBs. You think TB, AZ, GB, etc aren’t going to do the same thing to us in the playoffs? Then add in Meatballs weird crypto-analysis 4th down retardation at critical moments and it’s hard for me to not worry about a one and done come money time.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It's funny, we may have been overrating Wilson because he stood out next to the otherwise shit sandwiches we've had at safety lately.

I'm not saying he's bad, but he's 26 and has 11 career starts. We don't exactly have a whole lot to go on to draw any definitive conclusions yet.

I do think I like him as a player but I'm not convinced he's better than Kazee, Hooker, or Kearse so I'm not in a hurry to see him get significant snaps.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hey, who knows?

Maybe Quinn can actually get something out of him.
Yeah, I don't quite understand why people are so ready and willing to shit all over this guy. Sure, he was overdrafted. But that was in the past, by another coaching staff entirely. He actually started to show something towards the end of last year. We should want to see if an actual defensive coordinator can get something out of him. Players that we were ready write off are showing us that we were wrong. Guys like Steele. And Gregory. If Hill comes back and shows nothing, then flush him. But I am really looking forward to him and Gallimore coming back and giving this interior Dline a youthful shot in the arm.

Last edited:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yeah, I don't quite understand why people are so ready and willing to shit all over this guy. Sure, he was overdrafted. But that was in the past, buy another coaching staff entirely. He actually started to show something towards the end of last year. We should want to see if an actual defensive coordinator can get something out of him. Players that we were ready write off are showing us that we were wrong. Guys like Steele. And Gregory. If Hill comes back and shows nothing, then flush him. But I am really looking forward to him and Gallimore coming back and giving this interior Dline a youthful shot in the arm.
And he seems to have that nasty "i don't GAF" attitude that we need a little more of on the defensive side.

I'd like to see what Quinn could do with him before giving up on the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom