2021 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Best part of this news is that if they're hopeful he can play vs Minnesota, then it obviously isn't anything that will keep him out for long.

Disaster averted.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Its always about improving but you are correct. We should all step back and get some perspective.

I'm guilty of it myself.
It's normal, man.

We've had a lot to bitch about as Cowboys fans for a really long time and both consciously and subconsciously, that becomes habit forming.

When you couple that with what appears to be something special in the making, it's normal to want or demand their best because we're all desperate for a real winner here and we want them to have their best shot at achieving that.

All in all, I think we're all pretty reasonable fans on this board which is why it's easy to get where one another is coming from when we make our points.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We put up nearly 600 yards of offense on the road yesterday, I think we'll be fine.
The pass protection of the entire interior of the line dominated the Pats yesterday too. Gosh there were plays where I just felt bad for the DBs because Dak had all day to throw. Maybe a couple of pass rushes that were decent against our OT's but not much.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's normal, man.

We've had a lot to bitch about as Cowboys fans for a really long time and both consciously and subconsciously, that becomes habit forming.

When you couple that with what appears to be something special in the making, it's normal to want or demand their best because we're all desperate for a real winner here and we want them to have their best shot at achieving that.

All in all, I think we're all pretty reasonable fans on this board which is why it's easy to get where one another is coming from when we make our points.
When most of your offense is playing at an elite level suddenly average play looks bad. Truth be told no one on offense is playing poorly. No reason to make it sounds worse than it is.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Again, this should be obvious to everyone and I don't get how so many of our guys here see it as no big deal.

Mike McCarthy on gamedays is leaving much to be desired and it's becoming a weekly ordeal.

It's obvious that he struggles with situational awareness.
its gonna cost us a game at some point, and we'll be like, "told you so". Then it will be too damn late.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
I just hope it doesn't happen in the playoffs.
I mean what can you do at this point? You can’t fire your coach who has the team playing at a high level and turn the Dallas Cowboys over to a rookie head coach. Seems to me Quinn is the most important coach we have right now. He took the worse defense in team history and turned it respectable. We lose Quinn and we’re screwed. Even Jason had great offenses with this talent. The team hasn’t had lot of great defenses.

data

Forbes #1
Again, this should be obvious to everyone and I don't get how so many of our guys here see it as no big deal.

Mike McCarthy on gamedays is leaving much to be desired and it's becoming a weekly ordeal.

It's obvious that he struggles with situational awareness.
While I agree that it’s not optimal and these lost inches have been thus far saved by our prolific offense, I’ll say Im more confident in this team than any of the Cowboys squads of the last 20 years.

The last 20 years, it was always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

• Props

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
But what if it wins us a game? When we go for it on fourth down and it works and we score the TD, do we count those as winning us the game?

Exactly. This is what people are missing.

Statistically it'll help more than it hurts.

Virtually every single decision has both positive and negative potential outcomes. You want to do what is most likely to lead to winning most often.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Virtually every single decision has both positive and negative potential outcomes. You want to do what is most likely to lead to winning most often.
It shows your team you have confidence in them. That goes a long damn way.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

People seem to forget the fourth down calls that work.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I love the aggression but will go to my grave disagreeing with the first one on Sunday. At least drive down the field a bit so that you arent giving up points. That was dumb and could have been one of the reasons that we lost. I dont even think Jimmy would have done that there.

• Props

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love the aggression but will go to my grave disagreeing with the first one on Sunday. At least drive down the field a bit so that you arent giving up points. That was dumb and could have been one of the reasons that we lost. I dont even think Jimmy would have done that there.
It was ballsy and I get some of the faith in Zeke to get a yard. But even if you get first, points on the drive are far from guaranteed. And if you fail you're basically giving the other team points. So I get not wanting to do that one. I probably wouldn't have either but in the moment I thought we would get it for sure too.

• Props
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom