2021 Cowboys Preseason Week 4 Gameday Chatter Thread | Jaguars @ Cowboys | 08/29/21

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Probably true. Kearse probably is getting the edge based on special teams. I'd disagree because cutting the promising contributors to actual offense or defense is how you end up with shit depth because your ST aces can't play.

But at the same time I bet Muk can slide through on the practice squad without much trouble.

Our depth is terrible. Just cause he's the tallest midget here doesn't mean he's better than the backups elsewhere by head and shoulders. He's probably just that.... roughly equivalent to all the other teams' backups. Which is why there won't be a rush to nab him for an active roster.
Depth issues plus we can get someone through the PS that we want on the roster. I'm not buying it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Probably true. Kearse probably is getting the edge based on special teams. I'd disagree because cutting the promising contributors to actual offense or defense is how you end up with shit depth because your ST aces can't play.

But at the same time I bet Muk can slide through on the practice squad without much trouble.

Our depth is terrible. Just cause he's the tallest midget here doesn't mean he's better than the backups elsewhere by head and shoulders. He's probably just that.... roughly equivalent to all the other teams' backups. Which is why there won't be a rush to nab him for an active roster.
Fassell could implement 38 in his ST. His potential is better for this team than Kearse's output.9

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, they seem very similar -- late-round, oversized safeties. Muku seems like just a younger Kearse, doesn't he?

Maybe Steven being such a tightwad will help them keep the cheaper guy.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Dude, I'm not gonna run back through the list of Amendolas and Reshard Lees.

(Amendola stuck around like a whole season on the PS before being poached the following year).

There is one like every year or two that we fret about. It's rare it ever amounts to anything.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see who's right but imo he gone

p1_

DCC 4Life

if its Kearse vs Muk, I go Muk.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Watching the NYG/NE game to cheer myself up with them being saddled with gingerfuck now

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
And Jones throws a int in the redzone :lol

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
We have the worst Depth in the NFL. If anyone gets injured the wheels will come off. Starting to worry about fat mike as coach. Heck JG teams were more ready to play and that's concerning. These guys seem to be going through the motions. What does Fat Mike actually do during the week?

Top Bottom