2021 Cowboys Preseason Week 4 Gameday Chatter Thread | Jaguars @ Cowboys | 08/29/21

p1_

DCC 4Life
is there a full 30 person list?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I thought he'd played pretty well so far. I don't know if he should be a made man though.

My biggest problem with Kearse is that I prefer Mukuamu's upside.
Fassel is starting to piss me off.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You think this is his call?
Kearse's primary charm is STs. And he showed he could be a useful engine on D in garbage preseason.

But yes, I think he makes the team because of STs. He has been directly mentioned as one of the four roster spots on teams that Fassel wants.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kearse's primary charm is STs. And he showed he could be a useful engine on D in garbage preseason.

But yes, I think he makes the team because of STs. He has been directly mentioned as one of the four roster spots on teams that Fassel wants.
Long snapper, kicker, punter and Kearse?

Does that mean Goodwin is gone?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Long snapper, kicker, punter and Kearse?

Does that mean Goodwin is gone?
No. He's made too.

He meant four beyond the battery of LS/P/K.

That is why Darian Thompson makes it.

They are going to fuck it up with Mukuamu.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I had nothing else going on so I watched a few Cowboys vids on the Roku. Fassel was one of them. Strange dude -- maybe that's any career ST coach -- but likable. He said he never got in the coach's ear about needing such and such guy. He freaking loved Rico Dowdle, said he was a stud on all four phases and it was devastating to lose him. Interesting, said they were doing a lot with Joseph and Wright, and "hoped" they dressed on Sundays. Of course we know ST is always a consideration for the HC, but Bones acted like he gets to make up his squad after the coaches decide who is on the 53, and really 48 each week. Also really lit up when someone asked about Donovan Wilson.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

I guess this means Jayron Kearse makes the team.
Very interesting that Odighizuwa is being held out, you knew he'd likely replace Gallimore for how we long he's out but the staff must be really impressed with him.

I thought he's been really solid against the run but his pass rush is kinda meh. It could just be a matter of him literally being the only somewhat viable 3T left on the roster.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very interesting that Odighizuwa is being held out, you knew he'd likely replace Gallimore for how we long he's out but the staff must be really impressed with him.

I thought he's been really solid against the run but his pass rush is kinda meh. It could just be a matter of him literally being the only somewhat viable 3T left on the roster.
I think he has both been very impressive and because of the lack of talent at DT is being viewed as an important piece. I get not wanting those two to be hurt going into the season. Both kind of can't easily be replaced right now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think he has both been very impressive and because of the lack of talent at DT is being viewed as an important piece. I get not wanting those two to be hurt going into the season. Both kind of can't easily be replaced right now.
Yea he's literally the only 3T we have right now, someone like Basham could kick inside on clear passing downs but right now our interior DL are basically Osa/Urban/Watkins/Bohanna/Hamilton.

Not a single one of those guys except Osa has any hope of rushing the passer with upfield explosiveness/quickness.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea he's literally the only 3T we have right now, someone like Basham could kick inside on clear passing downs but right now our interior DL are basically Osa/Urban/Watkins/Bohanna/Hamilton.

Not a single one of those guys except Osa has any hope of rushing the passer with upfield explosiveness/quickness.
Golston being hurt has really hurt our flexibility too.

Top Bottom