2021 Cowboys Preseason Week 4 Gameday Chatter Thread | Jaguars @ Cowboys | 08/29/21

p1_

DCC 4Life
Anyone watching Atl and Cle?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
No Nick Foles?

Hell no. Foles sucks.

Nick Foles career:

62.3 completion percentage
6.8 YPA
4.0 TD%
2.1 Int %

Nick Mullens career:

64.5 completion percentage
7.9 YPA
4.2 TD%
3.7 Int%

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Foles is a made man in NFL circles thanks to that Superbowl. He will have a job until the wheels fall off.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
Hell no. Foles sucks.

Nick Foles career:

62.3 completion percentage
6.8 YPA
4.0 TD%
2.1 Int %

Nick Mullens career:

64.5 completion percentage
7.9 YPA
4.2 TD%
3.7 Int%
Those numbers are fairly comparable. Foles had the singular fluke of winning a Super Bowl MVP. Not that that means a lot.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Those numbers are fairly comparable. Foles had the singular fluke of winning a Super Bowl MVP. Not that that means a lot.

The YPA is way better for Mullens and I think it's a very telling stat. And other than INTs Mullens has him beat across the board.

And that's not to mention Foles' stats are inflated by 1 outlier season of 27 TD / 2 INTs and 1 outlier season of over 70% completions (he has 3 seasons of under 60% which is very bad). It's a runaway across the board (other than INTs) without those 2 outliers.

Foles requires smoke and mirrors to even be passable and I don't think we have that here.

All that said, the drawback with Mullens is the INTs but finding a perfect backup is rare. I'll settle for a guy who can move the ball and I'll cross my fingers on the turnovers.

Don't get me wrong, turnovers are a big deal. But what good is protecting the ball if every drive ends in a punt? Give me the guy who can make plays every time.

Last edited:

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Most of these are cuts, but I get it.

Some of the guys who are going to make this team don't look so hot.
Goof Son said 65 of these guys are capable of making this roster - as if that were a good thing.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
I posted ^ before I read the last post…but anyway.

Fat Mike has his work cut out for him.

Top Bottom