2021 Cowboys Free Agency Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That had nothing to do with Neal. Only the thought of Jaylon being replaced.
Fair enough, but the post you quoted was talking about Neal.

Cotton

Staff member
It was also asking if Jaylon might be going somewhere. Which is what I was referring to.
We have this cool feature where you can quote just part of a post.

midswat

... soon
I was sooooooo excited in 2001when the Cowboys signed Kevin Hardy, Bryant Westbrook, and LaRoi Glover all in the same offseason.

Can’t believe that was 20 years ago.

Cotton

Staff member
As well they should. They are completely different players, that play completely different positions. Why would the Neal signing affect those visits at all?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As well they should. They are completely different players, that play completely different positions. Why would the Neal signing affect those visits at all?
I think Kazee is more likely than Hooker due to simple familiarity.

Cotton

Staff member
I meant Neal is a completely different player than Kazee or Hooker, so the visits should still happen. No brainer to me. Not sure why it even has to be said.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's such a shitty reason but it's so true. Take two guys off a terrible defense because hey, I know those guys. Do you really want a replay of the Falcons secondary? Fuck no. It's like pulling the two DTs off a Panthers defense that struggled.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I meant Neal is a completely different player than Kazee or Hooker, so the visits should still happen. No brainer to me. Not sure why it even has to be said.
Especially if they are thinking of Neal as a LB/S hybrid.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That's such a shitty reason but it's so true. Take two guys off a terrible defense because hey, I know those guys. Do you really want a replay of the Falcons secondary? Fuck no. It's like pulling the two DTs off a Panthers defense that struggled.
This is my biggest issue.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Big difference is that Kazee was out basically all of 2020 and Neal missed all of 2018 and 2019, and presumably was still getting back to full speed early on in 2020.

I agree with the general sentiment although I do like both Neal and Kazee in a vacuum. They're also just entering the primes of their careers whereas Poe and McCoy were both about 32 or so?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah and I at least am sort of ok with Neal because he actually played at a really high level at one point and has some serious pedigree. But let's not swap multiple players with the one defense that may have been worse than ours.

Exactly.

The falcons pass defense might have been worse than ours last year. So let's get their DC and both safeties. That oughta help.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom