2021 Cowboys Free Agency Thread...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Probably one year deal with Ravens, too, with eye on 2022 free agency for big contract.

Shit, Roethlisberger or Lamar Jackson for my 2021 stats going into free agency....who’d you pick?
Pretty much. Roethlisberger is old, fat, and lazy, but he’s still a much better passer than Lamar Jackson will ever be.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If he is cheap enough, fine. I would rather just go with Kazee and the draft for safety if we aren't going to go after actual elite talent at the position in FA.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he is cheap enough, fine. I would rather just go with Kazee and the draft for safety if we aren't going to go after actual elite talent at the position in FA.
Not sure he impacts safety if they are saying he would be a LBer in Dallas.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

Staff member
Not sure he impacts safety if they are saying he would be a LBer in Dallas.
Hybrid LBer. Limited use and not that great to begin with outside of some tackling ability. But, you put that cat against OGs and OTs on a regular basis and those tackling numbers are going to plummet.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hybrid LBer. Limited use and not that great to begin with outside of some tackling ability. But, you put that cat against OGs and OTs on a regular basis and those tackling numbers are going to plummet.
Eh, as a 4-3 WLB it's pretty typical to be undersized and more athletic. I actually think it's a pretty good spot for him. The question is, that's Jaylon's spot, so is Jaylon going somewhere?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Let it be known that IAm is not for Keanu Neal to Dallas.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Hey guys, you remember when I said Neal would make sense as a hybrid S/LB like 2 weeks ago?

It'd work out well, if he can stay healthy of course.

Cotton

Staff member
Eh, as a 4-3 WLB it's pretty typical to be undersized and more athletic. I actually think it's a pretty good spot for him. The question is, that's Jaylon's spot, so is Jaylon going somewhere?
Not that undersized. Jesus. He is 216 lbs. LVE is 40 pounds heavier.

Cotton

Staff member
Hey guys, you remember when I said Neal would make sense as a hybrid S/LB like 2 weeks ago?

Cool, and I am on record as disagreeing with that.

p1_

DCC 4Life

You became like the amazing Kreskin with your suggestions

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Cool, and I am on record as disagreeing with that.
He's rarely ever going to have to take on OL straight up near the LOS, don't worry.

It'd require our defensive play-caller to have some creativity though.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, and before anyone jumps in with Jaylon's weight, he is only 6 lbs lighter than LVE.

Cotton

Staff member
It'd require our defensive play-caller to have some creativity though.
Extreme creativity if you are to keep him out of the typical LB box and away from OL.

Top Bottom