2021 Cowboys Free Agency Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't want to have to bid for his services, but he doesn't seem to be lining up many suitors.

When he was fresh he made an impact, but I wonder if his head is in it.
He started great but by the end of the year kind of looked like a turd

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Could be, I remember him looking like our best Dlineman for a bit. And then he just looked like slow shit to me.

He had 4 sacks in the first three games and just 1 more the rest of the season. Only 6 QB hurries for the season. The ooh factor was just game 3 where he had the 3 sacks. After that it was just a jag on the field. Just too long from the game and possibly not in the mindset to play anymore.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Im on the Hooker bandwagon. :unsure:
He could be a swing and miss but at least at 24 years old there is also a chance of a big hit. If he can stay healthy, which is a huge question, I think he is a perfect fit.

• Props

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know how to even explain something like this. It's not like he was shying away from contact. Hell he went to the right spot, took on the blocker and then inexplicably ran away from everything. If this was a video game I'd assume there was some glitch in the programing. The only thing I can think of is that the scheme was so confusing that Jaylon had no idea what his responsibility was and instead of making the play it was like he thought he had a different responsibility and then ran out of there trying to do what he was supposed to do instead of what his instincts told him to do.

• Props

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't know how to even explain something like this. It's not like he was shying away from contact. Hell he went to the right spot, took on the blocker and then inexplicably ran away from everything. If this was a video game I'd assume there was some glitch in the programing. The only thing I can think of is that the scheme was so confusing that Jaylon had no idea what his responsibility was and instead of making the play it was like he thought he had a different responsibility and then ran out of there trying to do what he was supposed to do instead of what his instincts told him to do.
He's guessing, he doesn't want to stay engaged with the center and is taking a 50/50 shot that the RB is going to cut to the open hole in the B gap to his right, the RB's left.

It's a lack of physicality/discipline basically.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There is a glitch in his mental processing. He just didn't think before engaging. Absolutely no planning.

• Props

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Please don't blame the scheme for that garbage display

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
  • Haha
Top Bottom