2021 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure. He will just tell you getting Hill back is just like another draft pick, though.
I don't hate Hill nearly as much as a used to. Still don't love the guy but I'd be good with Gallimore and Hill fighting it out for a starting position if we had a real NT next to them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't hate Hill nearly as much as a used to. Still don't love the guy but I'd be good with Gallimore and Hill fighting it out for a starting position if we had a real NT next to them.
Feh. Both still suck.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What if this is the Claiborne move all over again... Seriously doubt this is true though. It would be beyond retarded for us to trade up to 4. There is no defensive player worthy of that pick. We have our QB. You don't move up for a guy like a TE when it's not even a need or even close to a need.
It would be monumentally stupid. Just sit still or trade back. Do fucking not trade up. Especially not 6 fucking spots right at the top of the god damn draft.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apparently the thing now is that Barmore's stock is much higher with the teams than where he is at in public opinion. He is far and away the best DT in a bad group. I don't want the tallest midget at 10.
I like Barmore regardless. I've always thought he was a legit first rounder. 10 is rich for my blood but I don't care about the strength of the DT class. That doesn't make Barmore a worse player.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What if this is the Claiborne move all over again...
That trade was a disaster, and this would be worse probably.

I will say though, I believe they said the only reason they were willing to trade up for Claiborne was because the price was much cheaper than normal. That wouldn't appear to be the case this year based on the other trades so far.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
WTF? Not even I love him that much. A trade up to 4 would cost us at least 1 if not two potential starters.
If teams still use the trade value chart, it would cost a 2nd round pick, or a player plus a later pick. Regardless, I think it would be a stupid move. Now, if Atlanta accepted Michael Gallup straight up? Maybe. Otherwise, feh.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If teams still use the trade value chart, it would cost a 2nd round pick, or a player plus a later pick. Regardless, I think it would be a stupid move. Now, if Atlanta accepted Michael Gallup straight up? Maybe. Otherwise, feh.
So swap one great receiver for another and give up a first round pick. Sounds really fucking dumb. If you do that Pitts better be the next fucking Megatron. 1000 yard TE wouldn't cut it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So swap one great receiver for another and give up a first round pick. Sounds really fucking dumb. If you do that Pitts better be the next fucking Megatron. 1000 yard TE wouldn't cut it.

Correct. It's a horrifying misuse of resources.

It's the same thing we were saying about Claiborne. You basically gave up Brockers and Wagner. He better be Deion.
(he wasn't)

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Correct. It's a horrifying misuse of resources.

It's the same thing we were saying about Claiborne. You basically gave up Brockers and Wagner. He better be Deion.
(he wasn't)

It was already spoiled.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Shhhhh. It’s more like a 25%. I get bored but I’m back to work now.
This is a big if, but if they are able to trade down and get extra picks,, we will declare that they shoop'd it.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
That’s why I said “maybe”. Generally speaking, trading up seems like a pretty stupid thing to do. But, in that situation, trading Gallup would make sense because there’s a near zero chance that he’ll be back in Dallas in 2022, anyway. It gives Jerry the opportunity to make an excuse that moving up was “free”.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That’s why I said “maybe”. Generally speaking, trading up seems like a pretty stupid thing to do. But, in that situation, trading Gallup would make sense because there’s a near zero chance that he’ll be back in Dallas in 2022, anyway. It gives Jerry the opportunity to make an excuse that moving up was “free”.
I mean I'd rather trade Gallup and a first than a first and second round pick. It's just stupid to trade up at all. If Pitts falls to 10 and we take him, fine. I get the BPA thing and then you can trade Gallup to recoup some of that cost.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I mean I'd rather trade Gallup and a first than a first and second round pick. It's just stupid to trade up at all. If Pitts falls to 10 and we take him, fine. I get the BPA thing and then you can trade Gallup to recoup some of that cost.
Agreed, but this is Jerry and Stephen Jones we’re talking about. Those mouth-breathing, inbred rubes will convince themselves that they got a freebie by making a deal like that. You know that they’d be high fiving in the war room like they just won the fucking lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom