2021 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Indeed and it's that type of thinking that I find idiotic.

If you think Horn is the 12th best prospect or whatever, fine, but I think most just want that 10 pick to be a CB one way or the other.
If we take Horn at 10 I might just lose my shit.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't even mind Horn. But I'm not just going down the list of best available corner either. That is insanity.
I like Horn, too, at like 25. Not at 10.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Horn is going higher than people think.
Oh I wouldn't be shocked if he went top 15. He has size, speed, hands and pedigree. Crazy to think he is the son of Joe Horn and the crazy cell phone celebration.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Horn is a good player, but I hate the BCBA drafting philosophy.

Every 4-5 years it deletes our first round. There WILL be better players than Surtain at 10, but these Joneses and our ridiculous fan base are obsessed with the position.

Sure if Surtain was this interception machine. But he’s not. He’s a reliable guy with a high floor and average ceiling

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Horn is a good player, but I hate the BCBA drafting philosophy.

Every 4-5 years it deletes our first round. There WILL be better players than Surtain at 10, but these Joneses and our ridiculous fan base are obsessed with the position.

Sure if Surtain was this interception machine. But he’s not. He’s a reliable guy with a high floor and average ceiling
By average ceiling you mean for a top 10 pick?

Because he's likely to make at least 2 or so Pro Bowls.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
By average ceiling you mean for a top 10 pick?

Because he's likely to make at least 2 or so Pro Bowls.
He's way better than Ravi is giving him credit for, and may well be the best defensive player in the draft.

Hell, Carolina might take him before he even gets to us.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He's way better than Ravi is giving him credit for, and may well be the best defensive player in the draft.

Yea I'm not in love with him necessarily but if I had to bet on which defensive player would make the most Pro Bowls from this class it'd be him. I might rather gamble on Parsons, and I'd certainly rather trade down but Surtain is the best combination of high floor due to his refined technique and experience combined with upside due to elite size/athleticism.

You know you're getting a really good player who will probably make a few Pro Bowls, he just doesn't really seem to have that tantalizing upside of a guy like Parsons, but he also doesn't come with the same risk either.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea I'm not in love with him necessarily but if I had to bet on which defensive player would make the most Pro Bowls from this class it'd be him. I might rather gamble on Parsons, and I'd certainly rather trade down but Surtain is the best combination of high floor due to his refined technique and experience combined with upside due to elite size/athleticism.

You know you're getting a really good player who will probably make a few Pro Bowls, he just doesn't really seem to have that tantalizing upside of a guy like Parsons, but he also doesn't come with the same risk either.
Truth be told most of us just don't want a corner high in the draft. But that doesn't mean Surtain isn't a great corner prospect. And there just aren't a ton of elite defender prospects in this draft. I'd much rather an elite DT but there is no guys worth our pick.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

All I’m saying Genghis is he’s not known for being a turnover machine like Farley at least has been.

He’s a good corner from a big school who has solid measurables, but not in the Patrick Peterson or even DRC range. DRC went 16th, and folks want to draft Surtain 10th.

It’s not his talent as much as the crazy high demand/market at the position that’s got Superbowl dreaming Cowboys fans obsessed.

Had Dallas not had this need on defense, no one would be talking about him. That’s a red flag to me.

I want an elite talent or a trade down.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Truth be told most of us just don't want a corner high in the draft. But that doesn't mean Surtain isn't a great corner prospect. And there just aren't a ton of elite defender prospects in this draft. I'd much rather an elite DT but there is no guys worth our pick.
Trade down, to 15-20ish, then trade up from our 2nd with the extra ammunition to 25-30ish and get two of Ojulari, Horn, Rousseau, Phillips, Owusu-Koramoah, Barmore, Collins and Moehrig.

That's the ideal scenario but in lieu of trading down Surtain is fine at 10.

Cotton

Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom