2021 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed, but this is Jerry and Stephen Jones we’re talking about. Those mouth-breathing, inbred rubes will convince themselves that they got a freebie by making a deal like that. You know that they’d be high fiving in the war room like they just won the fucking lottery.
Yeah when in reality is they would just be bleeding away talent which is dumb.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I would draft Pitts as well but not move up for him. Maybe 7 or 8 if it's cheap; not to 4.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would draft Pitts as well but not move up for him. Maybe 7 or 8 if it's cheap; not to 4.
Even moving up to 8 for Pitts would be absolutely stupid. If he fit a big need I get it. But when you start trading up for a player it's no longer about BPA, it's about getting a player you really need. We don't need Pitts. I don't even want him at 10 but I at least can recognize BPA and accepting a gift given to the team. At 10 I can at least accept maybe we trade Gallup and get someone decent for him and have a potential special TE.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Even moving up to 8 for Pitts would be absolutely stupid. If he fit a big need I get it. But when you start trading up for a player it's no longer about BPA, it's about getting a player you really need. We don't need Pitts. I don't even want him at 10 but I at least can recognize BPA and accepting a gift given to the team. At 10 I can at least accept maybe we trade Gallup and get someone decent for him and have a potential special TE.
I wouldn't move up for him, I would for Sewell, but if we did move up say 2 spots and took him I wouldn't be apoplectic or anything.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I wouldn't move up for him, I would for Sewell, but if we did move up say 2 spots and took him I wouldn't be apoplectic or anything.
I would.

I don’t want to draft him at all. We don’t need him. If we take him at ten I can accept it because he is a talented player.

But if we are retarded enough to spend even more than a first for him I will be fucking pissed.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
Would you hate this....

We take Pitts at 10, prompting us to trade Gallup for a low 1st to draft Moehrig or whoever.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Would you hate this....

We take Pitts at 10, prompting us to trade Gallup for a low 1st to draft Moehrig or whoever.
No. I wouldn't have an issue with it. But Gallup ain't commanding a first when teams can pick a guy in the first two rounds just like him.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
No. I wouldn't have an issue with it. But Gallup ain't commanding a first when teams can pick a guy in the first two rounds just like him.
Certainly not a 1st this year.

Besides, keeping a really good player like Gallup on the team for a full season at a low cost is worth draft capital by itself, not to mention the 3rd-4th round comp pick he'll produce.

A fully healthy OL, Dak/Zeke/Pollard plus a receiving corps of Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Pitts with Schultz, Wilson, and Jarwin as backups is one of the strongest offensive lineups I've ever seen. That's greatest show on turf level good, maybe better from a pure receiving talent perspective.

Having a lineup that strong is something you'll always remember (if Pitts is as good as he looks, and players stay healthy). A good coach will turn that into an unstoppable unit. If they don't, you've seriously got to question their skills.

The defense will improve in any case (it can't get worse), especially since most of the draft and FA would have been dedicated to it.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Certainly not a 1st this year.

Besides, keeping a really good player like Gallup on the team for a full season at a low cost is worth draft capital by itself, not to mention the 3rd-4th round comp pick he'll produce.

A fully healthy OL, Dak/Zeke/Pollard plus a receiving corps of Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Pitts with Schultz, Wilson, and Jarwin as backups is one of the strongest offensive lineups I've ever seen. That's greatest show on turf level good, maybe better from a pure receiving talent perspective.

Having a lineup that strong is something you'll always remember (if Pitts is as good as he looks, and players stay healthy). A good coach will turn that into an unstoppable unit. If they don't, you've seriously got to question their skills.

The defense will improve in any case (it can't get worse), especially since most of the draft and FA would have been dedicated to it.
Your response made no logical sense to me.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Your response made no logical sense to me.
Which part..,

That Gallup isn’t worth a 1st?

That keeping Gallup for this year carries value?

That a stacked offensive team with both Pitts and Gallup would be something you’ll always remember?

That the defense will improve regardless of whom we choose in round one?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That the defense will improve regardless of whom we choose in round one?

Will it? And if so, will it improve enough?

This isn't about 1 guy, but rather the totality of talented additions. The more talent we add to that defense the better they are likely to be.

One guy won't make a difference but I'd rather not provide the defense with one less talented player either.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Will it? And if so, will it improve enough?

This isn't about 1 guy, but rather the totality of talented additions. The more talent we add to that defense the better they are likely to be.

One guy won't make a difference but I'd rather not provide the defense with one less talented player either.
Agreed! We have to add at least two or three solid defensive contributors in this draft IMO. We've done very well drafting offensively over the past ten years. Unfortunately it's come at the expense of our defense. Over those same ten years I'd say 80% of our defensive picks have been whiffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom