2021 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yeah, that was the first thing I saw this morning. Still not sure how I feel about this.
Some of the better recent coaching hires in CFB have been DCs making the jump to the HC seat.

I think this will definitely give the defense a boost and puts Oklahoma in the market for elite defensive prospects for a change. Pretty much all of the 5-star recruits OU signed during Lincoln Riley's tenure were on the offensive side of the ball. Venables' track record gives us a shot to finally start landing elite DL that are on par with Georgia, Bama, and Clemson.

Hopefully Lebby wasn't just riding Lane Kiffin's coattails.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I can confirm that Ewers is headed to Lubbock this afternoon. I’m scared.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Joey McGuire is a HS football icon. His connections and energy are outstanding.
According the my brother and his readings Texas HC wants the LSU QB but Ewers is still an option there.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Did you expect anything else? The committee doesn’t have the spine to set Alabama and Georgia in the semifinal.
Eh. That also would be boring.

I was hoping by some miracle Baylor got in.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Oklahoma vs Oregon in the Alamo Bowl. Finally get a chance to exact some revenge for that 2006 screw job that resulted in the PAC 10 suspending their own officials.

I would love if the NFL suspended their officials for egregious errors. Hold them SOBs accountable.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Oklahoma vs Oregon in the Alamo Bowl. Finally get a chance to exact some revenge for that 2006 screw job that resulted in the PAC 10 suspending their own officials.

I would love if the NFL suspended their officials for egregious errors. Hold them SOBs accountable.
The irony is that fans were complaining about the Pac-10 officiating crews (namely, Jay Stricherz’ group, which was the group that botched your game) for years, with the complaints being openly ignored. The conference believed that the fans were just upset because they lost; conveniently “forgetting” that the complaints were also coming when their teams won.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Eh. That also would be boring.

I was hoping by some miracle Baylor got in.
Please. You know damn well that the committee isn’t going to do anything to even potentially undermine their SEC overlords. Alabama could’ve lost by 4 TDs yesterday and they still would’ve gotten in.

Cujo

DCC 4Life

Dude, I was so mad after that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom