2020 Season | Week 3 | Gameday Chatter | Cowboys at Seahawks | 9/27/2020

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It kinda wasn’t though. We seemed to get good value on the DL. Griffen was excellent, Aldon Smith has been great, McCoy just got hurt.

Injuries are killing us among other things though.
Yes we got lucky with Aldon but nobody ever thought that this was possible. I think Griffen was a panic move because the news they got on Gregory. However in all honesty i forgot about these when i posted. I was more in line thinking of the scrubs in the secondary, LB, and backup OL.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I see no reason not to move forward with Biadasz unless he flops. I thought he was admirable and Looney is such a spare part.

McGovern not getting any time is concerning.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I doubt they would say but does anybody know if Steele was only benched because of the injury or was he going to be because of his play?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The good news is that our two losses came against two pretty damn good teams.

The bad news is that we are yet again coming up short consistently agains the pretty damn good teams.

Beating the mediocre and bad teams and finishing 9-7 or 10-6 and getting bounced in the first two rounds of the playoffs isn’t gonna make anyone happy.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The good news is that our two losses came against two pretty damn good teams.

The bad news is that we are yet again coming up short consistently agains the pretty damn good teams.

Beating the mediocre and bad teams and finishing 9-7 or 10-6 and getting bounced in the first two rounds of the playoffs isn’t gonna make anyone happy.
Exactly.

It's another really close loss in a statement game.

The Cowboys' recent seasons are littered with those.

shane

DCC 4Life
The fact that Dak Prescott can have nearly 500 yards in sort of an off game is a testament to his greatness.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Exactly.

It's another really close loss in a statement game.

The Cowboys' recent seasons are littered with those.
This was a team that was supposed to have all the pieces and it looks more disjointed than ever.

Of course injuries to, and poor play from, an offensive line is the quickest way to get pennies on the dollar from every other skill position, which is definitely happening to us now, and we are still getting decent offensive production (albeit lots of it in the much maligned “throw out the playbook and let the QB bail us out because we are down two scores,” time that was always much talked about here).

But the D is an absolute train wreck right now. They can’t stop anything. Allowed essentially forty points in back to back weeks, following an opener in which they allowed “only” twenty but got pushed all over and couldn’t get off the field to save their lives - and were spared embarrassment by the Rams not converting in the red zone.

The D is completely limp and lifeless right now, and it’s essentially so without any real injuries to their expected DL for some time now. Yes McCoy is gone but he was gone weeks ago and they have plenty of decent bodies and supposed Star power there.

The secondary is nicked up but they’ve got a lot of depth at corner and linebacker. How are they so bad? I’m not sure Brown, Awuzie, and Lee returning fixes any of this.

data

Forbes #1
Thought this was interesting...three years old, but here are the QB W-L records when 50+ pass attempts

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
This was a team that was supposed to have all the pieces and it looks more disjointed than ever.

Of course injuries to, and poor play from, an offensive line is the quickest way to get pennies on the dollar from every other skill position, which is definitely happening to us now, and we are still getting decent offensive production (albeit lots of it in the much maligned “throw out the playbook and let the QB bail us out because we are down two scores,” time that was always much talked about here).

But the D is an absolute train wreck right now. They can’t stop anything. Allowed essentially forty points in back to back weeks, following an opener in which they allowed “only” twenty but got pushed all over and couldn’t get off the field to save their lives - and were spared embarrassment by the Rams not converting in the red zone.

The D is completely limp and lifeless right now, and it’s essentially so without any real injuries to their expected DL for some time now. Yes McCoy is gone but he was gone weeks ago and they have plenty of decent bodies and supposed Star power there.

The secondary is nicked up but they’ve got a lot of depth at corner and linebacker. How are they so bad? I’m not sure Brown, Awuzie, and Lee returning fixes any of this.
It doesn't make much sense defensively.
There isn't a lack of players that are at least average anywhere but Safety.
Seems like a huge lack of cohesion.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Is CeeDee hurt? Don't remember seeing him in there the last several minutes. Wonder if he got dinged on that punt return over by the sideline.

Top Bottom