2020 Season | Week 3 | Gameday Chatter | Cowboys at Seahawks | 9/27/2020

p1_

DCC 4Life
Dak had all the yards yesterday, but Wilson had the scores and willed his team to victory

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I think he’s saying that carrying around That anger will eat you up and keep you bitter
Maybe, but I can't just shrug my shoulders and pretend that they didn't happen.
:shrug

I remember the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I think that's how most Cowboys fans assess Dak.

You'll drive yourself crazy and will almost always be disappointed if you try to hold him to the same standard of play of that small group of elite QBs. He's still one of the top 7-10 QBs in football.

Teams with QBs who are comparable or worse than Dak go to Super Bowls quite regularly. The difference is they have the proper support structure in place (defense, coaching, etc.). Eli Manning, Jake Delhomme, and Rex Grossman are Exhibits A, B, & C.
I'd ask for a list of quarterbacks that are better.

Then I'd ask for a list that fits into his age group and years in the league. I'm comfortable in betting that final number will be quite small.

And it certainly would not include his draft contemporaries, the guys who already got their big money, and have since day one.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'd ask for a list of quarterbacks that are better.

Then I'd ask for a list that fits into his age group and years in the league. I'm comfortable in betting that final number will be quite small.

And it certainly would not include his draft contemporaries, the guys who already got their big money, and have since day one.
If you're talking about QBs who are better than Dak, I'd say the following in no particular order.

Patrick Mahomes
Lamar Jackson
Russell Wilson
Matt Ryan
Aaron Rodgers
Desean Watson (I actually think this is a push with Dak)

p1_

DCC 4Life
Maybe, but I can't just shrug my shoulders and pretend that they didn't happen.
:shrug

I remember the good, the bad, and the ugly.
I do too. Foolish me, though, getting hopeful for better times ahead

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
If you're talking about QBs who are better than Dak, I'd say the following in no particular order.

Patrick Mahomes
Lamar Jackson
Russell Wilson
Matt Ryan
Aaron Rodgers
Desean Watson (I actually think this is a push with Dak)
The. Whittle that down to his age group, which takes Wilson, Ryan, and Rodgers out.

And I think there's room for debate about Watson.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
One thing that gives me hope about Dak being able to hit that next level and jump into top 5 QB territory is something Romo mentioned in his "A Football Life" episode.

This is Dak's 5th year in the NFL. Romo's 5th year was the 2007 season.

In that episode Romo mentioned that he really started to master the game from a mental standpoint in 2014. But obviously injuries curtailed his career so we only got a small glimpse of peak Romo.

It took him 8 1/2 years as a starter to reach that level. Hopefully it doesn't take Dak that long to reach his peak potential but given the fact that his arrow has been pointing up the last few seasons, I think it's safe to assume that we still haven't seen the best of Dak Prescott.

data

Forbes #1
In a 3-person announcing booth for MNF, if you had to select a woman, who would it be?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Down 14 points to @Iamtdg but still have Kelce and Brown

Top Bottom