2020 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Oof. That's a really really bad look. We'll see if the woke NFL does anything. My guess is not.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

What special brand of moron posts a fake Hitler quote and still does not realize it?

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

What special brand of moron posts a fake Hitler quote and still does not realize it?

That sounds like he thinks the problem is that Hitler said it (nevermind the fact that he didn't). The problem is the content of the quote, you muppet. It's literally saying the Jews are secretly trying to control the world and aren't actually the Israelites. Hitler may not have said it, but it's literally Nazi propaganda, and not the fake Nazism leftists try to pretend is.

His retraction is basically, "I'm not hating on Jews, I'm loving on blacks and you guys took me wrong." But the words are literally hating on Jews. Is he that dumb? Does he have reading comprehension problems? This is what happens when you don't make college athletes attend class.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Think it'll cost him his job like it would you or me?
You'd get an HR session or three, but probably not get fired.

Now if you were a CEO or other highly visible public figure, or your statement went viral and seriously damaged your company's reputation, then yeah, you'd probably get fired like James Damore was fired from Google for the retarded gender memo he distributed internally which later got leaked.

Fortunately for Jackson, his retardation isn't being associated with the Eagles or NFL, just him.

Genghis Khan

You'd get an HR session or three, but probably not get fired.

Now if you were a CEO or other highly visible public figure, or your statement went viral and seriously damaged your company's reputation, then yeah, you'd probably get fired like James Damore was fired from Google for the retarded gender memo he distributed internally which later got leaked.

Fortunately for Jackson, his retardation isn't being associated with the Eagles or NFL, just him.

Damore didn't say anything wrong, and was never a public figure I don't think. Jackson most certainly is, will certainly reflect on the Eagles and the NFL, and what Jackson said was literally Nazi propoganda. Entirely different situations.

Genghis Khan

Damore's 3,300-word memo in 2017 asserted women are underrepresented in the technology industry not because of bias and discrimination but because "preferences and abilities of men and women differ in part due to biological causes."

Damore was an engineer, nowhere close to being a public figure or executive. He also wasn't wrong or even remotely hateful. If you can't discuss social realities in an honest and factual way then the world is lost.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Damore didn't say anything wrong, and was never a public figure I don't think. Jackson most certainly is
An employee getting fired is all about the reputation and health of the organization.

Since Jackson is already a public figure, he can absorb the brunt of the negative impact.

This is not sticking to the Eagles, so having a still kinda fast #3 WR outweighs the damage. Real simple equation.

If this really stuck to them and continued to as booze implied, you'd probably see stricter action taken.

In Damore's situation, no one publicly cared about him, just the company. That was serious damaging shit for a fortune 100 company rated #1 best place to work in the country, so yeah, he had to go.

He's suing them of course. Good luck with that, James.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom