2020 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So asking your QB to take more than 4 years isn't unreasonable? Interesting.
The difference is the latter years of the contract are reportedly tied to a percentage of the cap, so instead of testing the market again after 4 years like Dak wants to do, his yearly average will just go up with the cap. So, essentially, he will stay up to market value without having to resign a contract.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
The difference is the latter years of the contract are reportedly tied to a percentage of the cap, so instead of testing the market again after 4 years like Dak wants to do, his yearly average will just go up with the cap. So, essentially, he will stay up to market value without having to resign a contract.
Progressive thinking. Who knew there WAS such a thing?

/sarcasm

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Did people think his contract wouldn't be future proofed with accelerator clauses? His agent ain't a dummy.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yes. Can we not do something like that?

Cotton

Staff member

Apparently no ties to percentage of cap after all.
Holy fuck, that's $45 million a year. That blew up the market. The guarantees are a bit low for the overall value of the contract, but not terrible.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Holy fuck, that's $45 million a year. That blew up the market. The guarantees are a bit low for the overall value of the contract, but not terrible.

I think I said 45 months ago. Now just do the Dak deal.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think I said 45 months ago. Now just do the Dak deal.
5 years, 41m per year average was what I had posted for Dak-- all based on what a triple use of the Franchise Tag would net.

Mahomes deserves to set the top of the market, so I'm OK with him receiving 45 per.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

It’s even more than that. $503M with $477M in guarantees. Every time he takes the field, the audio should blast Ted DiBiase’s old WWF entrance music.

Cotton

Staff member

It’s even more than that. $503M with $477M in guarantees. Every time he takes the field, the audio should blast Ted DiBiase’s old WWF entrance music.
I thought $140 mill guaranteed was way low. Over $50 mill a year and the first ever half a billion dollar contract. Good lord.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I thought $140 mill guaranteed was way low. Over $50 mill a year and the first ever half a billion dollar contract. Good lord.
The owners seem to suicidal as far as the franchises go. This mentality will kill a franchise.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The owners seem to suicidal as far as the franchises go. This mentality will kill a franchise.
What can the Chiefs do, though? They have no negotiating power. Are they going to let their best QB in the league super bowl champion QB walk away? Of course not. The QB at that point can basically name his price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom