2020 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't know if it has been posted or not, but they have removed the pass interference replay rule.

data

Forbes #1
I don't know if it has been posted or not, but they have removed the pass interference replay rule.
As an aside, In retrospect, 2019 season was probably the most non controversial catch/no-catch one in a decade.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm sad for the demise of the PI replay rule. It was poorly planned and executed but I really want to see penalties be able to be challenged

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Drew Brees just blew up the Saints, like, a day after Sean Payton seemed to inspire them all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just dumb dumb dumb timing on his part and a total lack of sensitivity for someone who's been a leader for so long
Yeah, I don't disagree with Brees at all. But it's like white people are in a position where you can't really share your honest opinions right now unless your opinion aligns with everything the black lives matter movement is doing. If it doesn't you're just sort of expected to hold your tongue or be ripped apart.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I don't disagree with Brees at all. But it's like white people are in a position where you can't really share your honest opinions right now unless your opinion aligns with everything the black lives matter movement is doing. If it doesn't you're just sort of expected to hold your tongue or be ripped apart.
That’s it. Yes the clip was taken from an interview where they asked him point blank about kneeling,but he has to know the climate.

“Do we have problems in the country? Yeah.” Immediately followed by slamming Kaepernick— talk about sweeping centuries of suffering under a rug in just a few quick words.

Just an entitled, insensitive perspective. I totally get Richard Sherman when he says the NFL has a backwards plantation mentality compared with other sports leagues.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I've seen a few sports guys saying Brees needs to kneel during the anthem "to show he's learned". I really fucking hope he has more grit than to bow to the outrage mob that just wants to make him submit and do something he's morally against.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That’s it. Yes the clip was taken from an interview where they asked him point blank about kneeling,but he has to know the climate.

“Do we have problems in the country? Yeah.” Immediately followed by slamming Kaepernick— talk about sweeping centuries of suffering under a rug in just a few quick words.

Just an entitled, insensitive perspective. I totally get Richard Sherman when he says the NFL has a backwards plantation mentality compared with other sports leagues.
Kaep is still a borderline starting qb in a gimmick offense at best and a fucking commie, it's weird how no one brings up the cop pig socks he wore or him actually wearing a Che Guevara shirt in fucking Miami of all places. Fuck him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

Jesus Christ. If you could just ramp up the drama a touch more, there might be a spot on The View for ya.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I totally get Richard Sherman when he says the NFL has a backwards plantation mentality compared with other sports leagues.

That's as dumb an analogy - and insensitive to actual racism and oppression - as it gets.

Shitting on and trivializing the plight of actual oppressed people from a millionaires perch is incredibly insensitive and acutely disgusting.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's as dumb an analogy - and insensitive to actual racism and oppression - as it gets.

Shitting on and trivializing the plight of actual oppressed people from a millionaires perch is incredibly insensitive and acutely disgusting.
I agree. It's offensive to compare the two. Luckily those slaves aren't still alive to be offended by the slight.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

He was asked about that immediately after he raised that point. Basically "Why participate then?"

His answer was he has no other choice of league in which to play football at a high level and be compensated in a way that helps himself and his family build wealth for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom