2020 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
This is about the only time I'll feel sorry for Dan Snyder

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Wow, even the slave drivers are getting on board. This might be difficult to reconcile.
If I was Snyder I'd just say "I don't care about the opinion of companies that use slave labor"

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wait. What? Black national anthem?
First I've heard of it too
I had never heard of it either, and this is fucking ridiculous. Right now we need to be one America, not splintered into self-isolated groups. If we are to fix the race issues we have, dividing ourselves into camps is not the damn answer.

Cotton

Staff member
Umm... what exactly IS the Black national anthem?
After googling, turns out it was written around the turn of the 1900s.

Cotton

Staff member
The key word in this is "separate". We do not need two national anthems, or a separate anthem for each race in this country. We are a god damn melting pot, and the national anthem we have should be THE national anthem for THIS country. We are all Americans. We should all act like it. Some very determined and righteous people worked their asses off and put their lives in danger to eliminate segregation in this country and these people are spitting on their graves. This is shameful.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The key word in this is "separate". We do not need two national anthems, or a separate anthem for each race in this country. We are a god damn melting pot, and the national anthem we have should be THE national anthem for THIS country. We are all Americans. We should all act like it. Some very determined and righteous people worked their asses off and put their lives in danger to eliminate segregation in this country and these people are spitting on their graves. This is shameful.
Separate but equal... Seems like we have done this before. But I guess since we are erasing history now maybe some really don't remember what that means or how it ended.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If they are gonna be forced into changing I hope they keep it Native American themed and go with the Warriors or the Braves. Warriors might fit DC since it has another W team already, the Wizards.

That way they can change absolutely nothing but the team nickname.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom