2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So Jerry is back in the building. Cuomo in NY had said teams can have camps.

Any word on minicamp?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So Jerry is back in the building. Cuomo in NY had said teams can have camps.

Any word on minicamp?
There won't be movement until all states with teams give the green light. California will be a big hangup.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
There won't be movement until all states with teams give the green light.
I believe May 31st is the date for Texas for professional sports.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Final game at Cotton Bowl

Thank you for posting this.

Great to see that OL and defense in action. Talent overcame a rusty start to the season and also this game,

Never seen a game with 12 freaking fumbles and the included ads were ... interesting.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We're never going to trade for (and likely extend) Adams until Dak is extended, in the meantime the Jets seemingly aren't willing to extend Adams until 2021.

With that being the case a training camp holdout of some degree seems inevitable, so the move would be to let the situation fester and then engage in August by offering next year's 1.

If their price right now is a 1+3 it'll drop once he's holding out of camp for weeks and causing a distraction for a young team that needs stability in order to try to piece together a competitive season.

They'll probably want more than a 1, so negotiate it down to like a 1+5+7 instead of their current position of a 1+3.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Adams is not what we "need" - total luxury piece
I think he could help us a lot. Huge upgrade and would make the defense have plenty of elite pieces. However, I despise giving away 1st rounders. This is such a tough year to go SB or bust.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Adams is not what we "need" - total luxury piece
He's a 24-25 year old elite player at a position that could arguably be our biggest need next off-season, wouldn't call that a luxury.

Is he a luxury in that we have competent players at the position already in Woods and Clinton-Dix?

Sure but they're both on 1 year deals and with how the roster is set up I'd say our biggest needs next year will be S, DE and TE in no particular order, with DT, LB and OL potentially in the mix as well.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Draft the Juan Thornhills in the 2nd and you're not considering trading premium picks + massive extensions for an Adams

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think he could help us a lot. Huge upgrade and would make the defense have plenty of elite pieces. However, I despise giving away 1st rounders. This is such a tough year to go SB or bust.
He would help, but at what price?

Having the highest paid safety in the game, highest paid RB, QB etc. It is a tough sell other things considered.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He would help, but at what price?

Having the highest paid safety in the game, highest paid RB, QB etc. It is a tough sell other things considered.
Something else gets sacrificed. That's the way it is. I wouldn't do it.

And I especially wouldn't do it for multiple picks. Hell no.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Wouldn't trading for Adams automatically put us in "Win now" mode? It has to
As I see it, a win-now team already has the QB in place to win a championship. We don't! You don't get a player like Adams just so you can say "We made one NFC CHAMPIONSHIP game during his time with us".
If Dak were a better passer I could see the good sense in doing it. But to me it's a huge risk

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Something else gets sacrificed. That's the way it is. I wouldn't do it.

And I especially wouldn't do it for multiple picks. Hell no.
I would think about it for a 1st and a 3rd spread out over two years.

I know some say well, what about the 2021 3rd round comp pick. Sometimes you want that extra benefit you might never receive again for a while.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If Dak were a better passer I could see the good sense in doing it. But to me it's a huge risk
Outside of his salary, Dak Prescott has nothing to do with this.

This whole upcoming season is going to be weird anyways. Adding a player like Adams at this late stage means you retool everything if you want the maximum benefit. Just too much to bite off and chew.

data

Forbes #1
Timing is right now.

Saints go as Brees go and this season or next season may be the one where he hits the wall. Same as Packers with Rodgers (assuming Love is no all-timer).

Seahawks had their time but now suffering salary cap aftermath that we will very soon.

Vikings and Rams are weakening, piece-by-piece from their peak.

49ers vs Cowboys. Every 20 years for supremacy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Timing is right now.

Saints go as Brees go and this season or next season may be the one where he hits the wall. Same as Packers with Rodgers (assuming Love is no all-timer).

Seahawks had their time but now suffering salary cap aftermath that we will very soon.

Vikings and Rams are weakening, piece-by-piece from their peak.

49ers vs Cowboys. Every 20 years for supremacy.
Doing it with a normal offseason in 2021 sounds better.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When the NFL is a year wiser to McCarthy’s schemes?

Now.
What does McCarthy have to do with defense? This is more about a lack of confidence in Nolan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom