2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And that right there is the biggest black mark on his shit-tacular time here. Like I said earlier... The talent on our teams won in spite of him during the regular season. And when coaching had to step forward and become more prominent in the playoffs? The true colors of Jason Garrett shined through.

Fuck him. He's firmly in the race for worst coach ever of this franchise. Dave Campo's awful teams could be argued that they played above their talent level, even though they only won 5 games. They were truly some talent barren squads. The same can not be said about the Red Headed Albatross.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
No one is giving them a first and third for the dude. Keep dreaming.
I would certainly hope its not us. And to then have to reset the safety pay market on top of that? Yeah, no thanks!

Not unless Jerry knows more about the upcoming salary cap numbers than anyone else does. But if that were the case, why would the Prescott negotiations be taking this long?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude is out of his fucking mind. We would be a worst team for it. And Gallup has 2 more years left on his deal. Why the hell give up those cheap years for a guy in Adams who is going to demand to be the highest paid safety soon. That would be crazy. I'm not sure I'd do it for Gallup straight up much less with a first round kicked in.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
GFY. Adams is another RW31 in waiting - great close to the line of scrimmage and that's it. Plus he's got a big mouth.
Adams is really good in coverage, especially against TE's out of the slot. You don't want him playing in a single-high type role because he's even better closer to the LOS and in the slot, but if you wanted him to do it he could.

Long story short, he's not Roy Williams and would be well worth giving up a 1st for, maybe a 1st and 4th since we have so many comp picks coming in, but they can fuck right off asking for a 1st and Gallup.

If Douglas weren't such a dickhead they could've had our 17th pick for Adams and gotten Lamb, but he wanted to play hardball and pretend that he could get a similar haul as what the Rams gave up for Ramsey.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
In the end, they made the right call. But it took far too long to get there.

This is why the checks and balances of HC - GM - Owner are so important. Sure having an all-powerful Owner-GM lets you make decisions fast, but there are no checks in place when they are the wrong decisions.

For every La'roi Glover there's twenty OJ Santiago's.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Dude is out of his fucking mind. We would be a worst team for it. And Gallup has 2 more years left on his deal. Why the hell give up those cheap years for a guy in Adams who is going to demand to be the highest paid safety soon. That would be crazy. I'm not sure I'd do it for Gallup straight up much less with a first round kicked in.
Not doing Gallup for Adams straight up is insanity, remember that Adams is still on his rookie deal this year and any extension would kick in next year. So all we'd be giving up is one cheap year of Gallup in 2021 before having to pay him probably in the ballpark of what we'd pay Adams (~15-16/year).

Gallup is awesome and I think it's possible that he supplants Cooper at some point, but Adams is a bona fide elite player, a top 5 player at his position and it's a good bet that he stays there for the next 6-8 years.

I'd go Gallup and a 4th, maybe a 3rd, a 1st+Gallup is obviously preposterous.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
at least Gallup is no longer part of the deal. still don't like it, though. we need an Ed Reed type back there, not Adams. even Byron Jones would have made more sense.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
at least Gallup is no longer part of the deal. still don't like it, though. we need an Ed Reed type back there, not Adams. even Byron Jones would have made more sense.
If there was an Ed Reed in the league right now, sure (maybe Kevin Byard or Eddie Jackson are somewhat close), but in lieu of that there's a very strong chance that Adams is going to be one of the 2-3 safeties who defines the position in the 2020's.

As for Byron Jones, please, he's a scheme-specific CB who many thought of as a disappointment until he fell into the Seattle version of the Cover-3 which has made stars out of guys just because of their combo of H/W/S. More importantly, he wasn't a playmaker who took the ball away or made "catalytic" type plays as Parcells liked to call it.

He was an awesome cover guy who generally did a nice job of blanketing WR's, but very rarely, if ever did you say to yourself, damn, this guy is just taking over/dominating this game, Adams does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom