2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I’m curious as to how we could afford Adams, but if he’s cheap enough I’m willing to give a late first.

At this point with Dalton on board there’s no way we are picking earlier than like 18. Even a QB injury doesn’t derail us.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Do any of these players have interesting social media accounts? Looking for some recommendations.

Overt commercialization is expected but always annoying which is why Dak, Zeke, et al, are not interesting to me.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Do any of these players have interesting social media accounts? Looking for some recommendations.

Overt commercialization is expected but always annoying which is why Dak, Zeke, et al, are not interesting to me.

Jourdan Lewis' twitter is interesting.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
it always seems weird to me to be interested in this team for no other reason except...I’ve always done it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
In other news....

I think this Jamal Adams thing has too much smoke to be baseless. Not saying he ends up here, could be like the Earl Thomas thing and nothing ever comes of it....

.... but Earl Thomas wanted to come here first, at least if the money was right, and so the fuck does Jamal Adams.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
In other news....

I think this Jamal Adams thing has too much smoke to be baseless. Not saying he ends up here, could be like the Earl Thomas thing and nothing ever comes of it....

.... but Earl Thomas wanted to come here first, at least if the money was right, and so the fuck does Jamal Adams.
Fwiw Broaddus said on the radio this afternoon that all communication has been the Jets calling us and he thinks we are going to wait until mid-season when they have a losing record and lowball them for a 2nd + multple late rnd picks

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Fwiw Broaddus said on the radio this afternoon that all communication has been the Jets calling us and he thinks we are going to wait until mid-season when they have a losing record and lowball them for a 2nd + multple late rnd picks
Yah im good wit dat

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
In other news....

The Jets fucked up by not accepting the 1+whatever we were offering last year, they could've had Lamb and been on their way. Instead they have a pissed off Adams with a trade value that has already peaked because the horse is already out of the barn.

They fucked up trying to get a Ramsey-type deal last year, which was never going to happen for a safety, and now they're going to have to hope they can get that 1+3 they're looking for, which I'm skeptical of.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Based on what Charles Robinson is saying the Jets feel kind of burned by the way we handled negotiations at last year's trade deadline, basically that we leaked stuff to the media and kind of torpedoed a possible deal.

With that in mind I don't think they'd trade him to us at a discount, not to mention the fact that coming to Dallas would be giving Adams exactly what he wants.

If we want him we'll have to pay up for him, and I'd consider landing him for just a 1 a win. Considering that their price of a 1+3 is already out there I'd imagine he could be had for a 1 in a few months.

data

Forbes #1
This system is fucked up. They should trade Adams for a conditional pick, value awarded after this season’s performance with the new team.

Last edited:

Foobio

DCC 4Life
My favorite safety signing of all time was Thomas Everett. He crushed it in just a short time. Dude was a monster, and had a big impact.

Return on investment with Jamal Adams is likely to be considerably worse. But if the staff thinks he can create turnovers, I’m all for a reasonable trade.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Based on what Charles Robinson is saying the Jets feel kind of burned by the way we handled negotiations at last year's trade deadline, basically that we leaked stuff to the media and kind of torpedoed a possible deal.

With that in mind I don't think they'd trade him to us at a discount, not to mention the fact that coming to Dallas would be giving Adams exactly what he wants.

If we want him we'll have to pay up for him, and I'd consider landing him for just a 1 a win. Considering that their price of a 1+3 is already out there I'd imagine he could be had for a 1 in a few months.
Makes sense. I do recall Adams getting pissed off at Douglas.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
America’s Game 1971 Cowboys. Good stuff, especially covering the attitude of mental toughness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom