2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'd almost be inclined if it weren't so clear that they were just tired of him in the locker room.
Well, who was tired of him?

Witten, Garrett, Terrence Williams, and Cole Beasley.

None of which are here anymore.

If McCarthy was willing to give him a chance then why not try it?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Yeah, I think I would be willing to give it a shot. I mean, the price would have to be right, but he could bring yet another dynamic to this WR core.

data

Forbes #1
Yeah, I think I would be willing to give it a shot. I mean, the price would have to be right, but he could bring yet another dynamic to this WR core.
Would Dez Bryant carry Amari’s pads during practice?

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I think it was more than just that. I think his position coach (granted, he's not here any more either), and also Stephen Jones was on board.

Yeah, I mean, the entire staff has been cleaned out, but my point isn't that it was a simple personality conflict. I think they decided in general his attitude was no longer worth his production. That's not something that gets fixed just because a new staff is brought in.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That being said, if McCarthy decides he wants him back, I'll be excited about the prospect of imagining 2017 Dez Bryant sans knee injury being the fourth WR on this team.

p1_

DCC 4Life
That being said, if McCarthy decides he wants him back, I'll be excited about the prospect of imagining 2017 Dez Bryant sans knee injury being the fourth WR on this team.
Sans Achilles tear also

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think it was more than just that. I think his position coach (granted, he's not here any more either), and also Stephen Jones was on board.

Yeah, I mean, the entire staff has been cleaned out, but my point isn't that it was a simple personality conflict. I think they decided in general his attitude was no longer worth his production. That's not something that gets fixed just because a new staff is brought in.
Being a guy desperate to make a comeback on a 1-year deal with no guarantees can do wonders for that attitude. Given his potential to be even a shadow of his former self I'd say 'sure' but the first time he fucked around and acted like he was still king shit, I'd have someone clean out his locker for him and have his shit in a cardboard box waiting for him when he showed up the next day.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Dez Bryant wants back on the Cowboys

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We have enough talent on offense. I can't think of a single reason why it would be a good idea to bring him back.
Nor can I. He never really learned the playbook and the routes he ran he wouldn’t get open. His last two years with Dallas were pretty bad with dropped passes and constant complaining. Does anyone think he has spent the last couple of years learning to be a disciplined reciever?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

data

Forbes #1
Probably the most comprehensive highlight review of Emmitts career out there.

~sigh~

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The only thing I miss about him is his redzone ability but Dez and Dak have never had a good connection throwing the ball.
True, but that was also because Dak was awful at throwing the fade or the back shoulder pass in the endzone.

I'd like to think he'd be better at it now, but he never really gave Dez a chance on those plays because they were either too low, had too much velocity, too flat, etc.

He just couldn't throw the thing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom