2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's harsh. They were great players who were let down by coaching and some bad luck. But yeah, they aren't what they were even though we might wish otherwise.
I am talking about stupidly wishing they could come back.

We already saw what the abortion Witten was coming back and you can see a shit ton of stupid fans encouraging Dez Bryant on his campaign to take over the same fucking role.

No.

These guys, they are done. They missed it. Garrett sucked the life out of them. A combination of both.

p1_

DCC 4Life

We already saw what the abortion Witten was coming back and you can see a shit ton of stupid fans encouraging Dez Bryant on his campaign to take over the same fucking role.

No.

These guys, they are done. They missed it. Garrett sucked the life out of them. A combination of both.
just another one Garrett wasted, like so many others.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

No.

The worst was I saw way too many people advocating for Witten to get the HC position. It just reinforced my belief that the majority of people are stupid mfer's

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

No.

I agree. Plus it's a great WR draft. If you want a dude with some size to help out near the goal line draft a dude.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I stick by my opinion Pollard is a legit weapon in a Sproles role
I was screaming for this all season. Hopefully, under MM he will be used more.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I'm opening myself up for ridicule but I wouldn't have a problem with it if McCarthy and Co wanted to give Dez one last shot. He certainly wasn't what he once was in his final years here, but he wouldn't need to be either. I'd give him a tryout and see if there's anything left, with some clear boundaries established about what won't be tolerated. He brings a size and physicality that the other receivers just don't and I think that could be useful in certain situations in a creative offense. Low money contract with nothing more than an opportunity given to him? I wouldn't hate him as this team's #4 receiver. At least it would end the never-ending, never-producing Noah Brown experiment.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Why would anyone want a volatile guy who constantly clamors for the ball and is on the wrong side of 30 to be your 4th receiver? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Why would anyone want a volatile guy who constantly clamors for the ball and is on the wrong side of 30 to be your 4th receiver? It just doesn't make sense to me.
Firstly, I'd make sure that 'clamoring' was clearly spelled out as a deal breaker. And when you're not paying him, you're not stuck and can cut him if he doesn't honor the agreement.

Secondly, what offense would have a "4th receiver" anything close to that level? Who would he be displacing?

Genghis Khan

Firstly, I'd make sure that 'clamoring' was clearly spelled out as a deal breaker.
Good luck with that.

Secondly, what offense would have a "4th receiver" anything close to that level? Who would he be displacing?
It's not about who he'd be replacing.

The risk/reward analysis is a net negative. There simply isn't enough possibility that we would use him nearly enough to offset the extreme likelihood that he would cause an unwanted and unneeded distraction.

He is a talented player but he certainly didn't appear to have chemistry with Dak and it's pretty clear he did what he wanted with routes and wasn't the most studious purveyor of the playbook.

On top of that he butted heads with coaches and could cause a rift where there wouldn't have been.

Assuming Cobb returns, there's already a top 3 corps here that is much better than most teams can muster.

Given the baggage and given it's already a very strong group without him, why in the world would anyone want him back? If the exact same player with the exact same personality and place in his career played for, say, Buffalo his entire career...would you think it was at all desirable to add him as a 4th WR in Dallas in 2020?

If we were at the point we starter 2018 with, an unknown midround rookie, a washed up has been, and 2 never-weres as our receiving corps, I'd be open to it. Not now.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Firstly, I'd make sure that 'clamoring' was clearly spelled out as a deal breaker. And when you're not paying him, you're not stuck and can cut him if he doesn't honor the agreement.

:terrance

p1_

DCC 4Life
Good luck with that.

It's not about who he'd be replacing.

The risk/reward analysis is a net negative. There simply isn't enough possibility that we would use him nearly enough to offset the extreme likelihood that he would cause an unwanted and unneeded distraction.

He is a talented player but he certainly didn't appear to have chemistry with Dak and it's pretty clear he did what he wanted with routes and wasn't the most studious purveyor of the playbook.

On top of that he butted heads with coaches and could cause a rift where there wouldn't have been.

Assuming Cobb returns, there's already a top 3 corps here that is much better than most teams can muster.

Given the baggage and given it's already a very strong group without him, why in the world would anyone want him back? If the exact same player with the exact same personality and place in his career played for, say, Buffalo his entire career...would you think it was at all desirable to add him as a 4th WR in Dallas in 2020?

If we were at the point we starter 2018 with, an unknown midround rookie, a washed up has been, and 2 never-weres as our receiving corps, I'd be open to it. Not now.
we've got a couple other guys like Ced Wilson and Jonvea Johnson behind Cobb too.

Genghis Khan

we've got a couple other guys like Ced Wilson and Jonvea Johnson behind Cobb too.
I don't think much of Johnson, and I've given up hope with Wilson (though I do think he has talent). We also presumably still have Devin Smith whom I remain intrigued by. And we could always draft a WR somewhere if we really want to. So your point stands; there are certainly options that make more sense.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't think much of Johnson, and I've given up hope with Wilson (though I do think he has talent). We also presumably still have Devin Smith whom I remain intrigued by. And we could always draft a WR somewhere if we really want to. So your point stands; there are certainly options that make more sense.
Another good thing about a complete staffing overhaul is the hope that players like Pollard and Devin Smith will be utilized more.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Will McClay Knows Team Wants To Grow Under Mike McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom