mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Well that's hard to argue with. Get Cobb, not Bryant.
His next video is pretty fair on where we're at right now personnel wise though I'd add Pollard as an offensive playmaker

lostxn

DCC 4Life
His next video is pretty fair on where we're at right now personnel wise though I'd add Pollard as an offensive playmaker

I would put Cobb over Pollard. Since Pollard and Zeke are almost never on the field a the same time, would seem like double-counting adding Pollard as well.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I would put Cobb over Pollard. Since Pollard and Zeke are almost never on the field a the same time, would seem like double-counting adding Pollard as well.
That they aren't on the field at the same time seems like the fault of the previous staff, I stick by my opinion Pollard is a legit weapon in a Sproles role

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
"monetering"

He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, is he?
Any fucking dipshit that comes up with that name for a defense that doesn't even perform at a high level is not all that smart.

But I thought the name was from that shithead Charlton and then they all ran with it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well that's hard to argue with. Get Cobb, not Bryant.
The frightening thing to me was that on Twitter, there are shit tons of fans that want Bryant back.

But then again, there are still fucking idiots who wanted Romo back after a year or two.

The hero worship over players that quite frankly aren't worth it just amazes me.

Worship players that did something. The way we view success is just off. I don't even recall fans wanting guys like Aikman, Emmitt etc. back after it was clear they were washed. But even they were far more accomplished than these guys.

Don't pine away for guys like Romo, Witten and Bryant. They didn't do shit.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The frightening thing to me was that on Twitter, there are shit tons of fans that want Bryant back.

But then again, there are still fucking idiots who wanted Romo back after a year or two.

The hero worship over players that quite frankly aren't worth it just amazes me.

Worship players that did something. The way we view success is just off. I don't even recall fans wanting guys like Aikman, Emmitt etc. back after it was clear they were washed.

That's a fine line. They didnt do shit (technically correct) or were handicapped and wasted? I don't think Bryant would offer much but other than the first 2 games what did we get out of the 4th WR anyways?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's a fine line. They didnt do shit (technically correct) or were handicapped and wasted? I don't think Bryant would offer much but other than the first 2 games what did we get out of the 4th WR anyways?
It is more about thinking that their success 3-4 years ago translates to now.

We already know that Garrett ruined them but I don't give them credit for time served. A coach can do some things. The players do have some part of the situation and ownership.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is more about thinking that their success 3-4 years ago translates to now.

We already know that Garrett ruined them but I don't give them credit for time served. A coach can do some things. The players do have some part of the situation and ownership.
Agreed, washed up is washed up.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

Worship players that did something. The way we view success is just off. I don't even recall fans wanting guys like Aikman, Emmitt etc. back after it was clear they were washed. But even they were far more accomplished than these guys.

That's harsh. They were great players who were let down by coaching and some bad luck. But yeah, they aren't what they were even though we might wish otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom