2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

So when is he getting his new contract...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s more like a small puff

Not much here except a non-committal “he should improve”
I mean most rookie DTs do take some time to get their strength and ability up to par for the NFL. But that doesn't tell the whole story about Hill who had showed a shit work ethic last season and frankly wasn't that good in college. If the guy has a great offseason and works his ass off he still has a chance to tap into his potential but none of us have faith in the guy to do that based on what I just mentioned.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I mean most rookie DTs do take some time to get their strength and ability up to par for the NFL. But that doesn't tell the whole story about Hill who had showed a shit work ethic last season and frankly wasn't that good in college. If the guy has a great offseason and works his ass off he still has a chance to tap into his potential but none of us have faith in the guy to do that based on what I just mentioned.
Even in college, the guy was a 'dog chasing cars' that showed physical ability but a complete lack of mental ability - specifically awareness - of his scheme responsibility and what was happening around him.

And from everything we've seen and heard to this point, nothing has changed.

p1_

DCC 4Life
begs the question: did McClay play any part in the McCarthy hire?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Smith is easily one of the least likeable players on the team for me now.

It was much better when he was the plucky humble injured guy.

Now he is about his "Clear Eye View" and from this interview, champion for the Hot Boyz branding bullshit.

He is part of the problem now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Now he is about his "Clear Eye View" and from this interview, champion for the Hot Boyz branding bullshit.

Yea, he needs to be humbled. I'm counting on the new staff doing so but if this guy plays like shit next year and is still peacocking around like he's Dick fucking Butkus then ship him out.

P.S. There's no chance he's shipped out because Jerry loves to hold him up as an example of how his half-assed wildcatting bullshit pays off.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

And he shouldn't even be at the Pro Bowl.

Hot Boyz is a lifestyle.

Get paid big $, play for the biggest circus in the NFL, wander around aimlessly on the field, and beg your ClearEye fans to spam you in to the Pro Bowl.

That's boss level shit, mane.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
And he shouldn't even be at the Pro Bowl.

Hot Boyz is a lifestyle.

Get paid big $, play for the biggest circus in the NFL, wander around aimlessly on the field, and beg your ClearEye fans to spam you in to the Pro Bowl.

That's boss level shit, mane.
It shows me how fucked these current players priorities truly are. There's all of this other bullshit in their heads right next to 'being great at your fucking job!'

Now they're fixated on social media and 'brands', and where else they can get money or attention, and being a great football player is just another thing and no longer the only thing.

Keep underperforming relative to your contract and guess what? You won't have that contract anymore! And if things still don't turn around, guess what? You won't have any contract anymore! And when that happens? Nobody will give a fuck about you, your stupid nickname, or your fucking 'brand'!

Get your head out of your ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom