2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Oh! I thought it was a Johnson led team? The feeling is that after he left a Super Bowl was essentially lost.
:lol

Why don't you just come out and say you think Romo should be higher on the list? We all know that's what you're getting at.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Why don't you just come out and say you think Romo should be higher on the list? We all know that's what you're getting at.
Romo isn’t part of the topic. The Topic is why Aikman is rated so low.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So did the long snapper.

You have to give the guy a little credit for the contributions he made towards winning those 3 Superbowls at the most important position in the NFL.
I give him credit but I am not the one who rated Aikman so low. I just happen to think those points have some merit. The Lombardy Trophy is awarded to the team.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
From regular season to playoffs, Aikmans career QB Rating increased 8% and AY/A 12%.

And this is with +10%pass attempts-per-game, so it wasn’t like Aikman was mailing in games handing the ball off to Emmitt

Sure, the team won, but Aikman lead the team to win.

an underrated first-ballot HOFer, if there’s such a thing.

Last edited:

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Oh! I thought it was a Johnson led team? The feeling is that after he left a Super Bowl was essentially lost.
But Dak doesn’t deserve top money because he hasn’t lead the team to any significant wins in the playoffs...?
I’m confused.
Aikman is overrated because he doesn’t have strong season stats, just a lot of wins including 3 SB. Romo is the shit and earned his huge contracts because his stats are career best, although he didn’t win shit. Dak doesn’t deserve big money because, though his stats are as good as Romo at same point in career (if not better) and has had same success in less time, he hasn’t won anything important...
Did I get it right? What am I missing?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
But Dak doesn’t deserve top money because he hasn’t lead the team to any significant wins in the playoffs...?
I’m confused.
Aikman is overrated because he doesn’t have strong season stats, just a lot of wins including 3 SB. Romo is the shit and earned his huge contracts because his stats are career best, although he didn’t win shit. Dak doesn’t deserve big money because, though his stats are as good as Romo at same point in career (if not better) and has had same success in less time, he hasn’t won anything important...
You guys are making a hobo stew out of a single topic. In the original post Aikman was thought to be under rated by some and bigfan even took up the banner as devils advocate and gave reasons he thought the rating was justified. I also made a comment and then someone said Aikman won 3 Super Bowls to which I replied the team won 3 Super Bowls. Then all the non topical crap started about Aikman vs Romo etc which wasnt even part of the topic and now you throw in about Romo and Daks contract and so it goes.

Now you want me to comment on all of that. Go fish. I didn’t bring up anything even though Karnak from No. Dakota used him clairvoyant mind and decreed what I was doing even though I did not know I was. So you unscramble all this gobbilty goop for yourself. I will just repeat that I think the article made some points to consider in rating Aikman,

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Your position on Romo vs Aikman is well established. Just because you don’t want to own up to it when it makes you look foolish doesn’t make it any less true. Only funnier.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Your position on Romo vs Aikman is well established. Just because you don’t want to own up to it when it makes you look foolish doesn’t make it any less true. Only funnier.
My position may be well known but I’m not the one that is talking about it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I’m confused.
Just smile and nod.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Just smile and nod.
Yeah. It doesn’t matter what I comment about some people keep dragging out the topics they get incensed about from past. It’s like a hall monitor oath they have taken.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Incensed? :lol Come on, now. Nobody is even mildly upset, much less incenced.

How long have you been on this board now? You should have long figured out by now that if you say something stupid (and your Aikman/Romo take is pretty stupid, whether you want to accept that or not) people are going to give you shit for it.

Your inability to not get defensive about it only makes it funnier and adds fuel to the fire.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Incensed? :lol Come on, now. Nobody is even mildly upset, much less incenced.

How long have you been on this board now? You should have long figured out by now that if you say something stupid (and your Aikman/Romo take is pretty stupid, whether you want to accept that or not) people are going to give you shit for it.

Your inability to not get defensive about it only makes it funnier and adds fuel to the fire.
Then why do you keep bring it up? I haven’t addressed that topic for months but when I post something related to Aikman you show up. Just leave it alone because the stupid part is why it’s such a bee in your bonnet.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Then why do you keep bring it up?
Read my last post again. Pay particular attention to the last line in it.

And again... There is no "bee in my bonnet." I just enjoy laughing at stupid shit. And you willingly provide it. So thank you for that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Read my last post again. Pay particular attention to the last line in it.

And again... There is no "bee in my bonnet." I just enjoy laughing at stupid shit. And you willingly provide it. So thank you for that.
Can’t drop it can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom