2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Rookie wide receiver Stephen Guidry is opting out of the 2020 NFL season

The Dallas Cowboys have what is arguably the best wide receiver group in the National Football League, and while it is no doubt extremely talented, the end of the depth chart does feature some room for challengers.

Part of the reason that Dallas has a great group of receivers is one of their rookies is CeeDee Lamb. While the Cowboys took Lamb in the first round, they obviously added more rookies by way of other picks and as undrafted free agents, and one of those UDFAs is wide receiver Stephen Guidry out of Mississippi State. He is opting out of the 2020 NFL season.

While the Cowboys have certainly had their fair share of noteworthy UDFAs, it is unlikely that Stephen Guidry was going to make the team’s final roster. He might have had a larger shot in normal times, but with no preseason football as an extra platform to show his skills, his odds were definitely not great.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Nice. I like Woods for what he is; a dirt cheap average 1T that can decently plug the run and not get blown off the ball.
A perfect backup to Poe.
except when it came to the playoffs vs the Rams. Swiss. Cheese.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
except when it came to the playoffs vs the Rams. Swiss. Cheese.
He tore his labrum in that game, I believe early in the second quarter.
After that things fell apart, but before the injury he was actually holding up decently. The same couldn't be said for a completely healthy Maliek Collins in that game though.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He tore his labrum in that game, I believe early in the second quarter.
After that things fell apart, but before the injury he was actually holding up decently. The same couldn't be said for a completely healthy Maliek Collins in that game though.
Dont get me started on what a huge disappointment that guy was.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My understanding is that they are using them for tracking purposes. So if a player does test positive you don't have to quarantine everyone. You can basically just go in and separate out the players who had close contact with that player. So you may have to quarantine the D-line or O-line they were playing with or against but that you wouldn't then have to quarantine the WR's or DB's for example.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
So one of the only ways for Philly fans to see their team will be to buy tickets off Cowboys season ticket holders who are going to scalp the Hell out of the very limited selection, whatever that might be.

Yeah, expect a sea of green goo, red/gold, and black/gold when Dallas hosts Philly, SF, and Pittsburgh.

Reverse HFA

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Why cut Forbath this early, especially considering the way he ended the season for us? If there are cap implications that’s fine, but this early in the game I wonder why.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why cut Forbath this early, especially considering the way he ended the season for us? If there are cap implications that’s fine, but this early in the game I wonder why.
I think it's because you can only carry 80 players as opposed to 90. So unfortunately you need the bodies for practice probably more.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Also could have been a thank you for last season. There are still teams that could bring him in to compete even this late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom