2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I know there have been late round draft picks and UDFA that have been tabbed as pet cats and hyped up by the fan base before, (especially at the safety position) but there is just something about this guy. I think he really might have something. I'm not saying he's a future all pro or anything like that, but I do think if given a chance he could be a decent to good starter. Or at the very least, a very valuable depth guy that comes in in certain packages and could be counted on for a few starts here and there.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That level but different skill set would be nice-ish.
Yea, he seems to have a higher ceiling in coverage and in space than Church but if I had to guess the chances that he ends up being a 4-5 year starter in the league seems highly unlikely.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
While the deadline for the Cowboys and Dak Prescott to sign a long-term deal is Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET, the actual deadline should be considered earlier than that because if the sides can reach an agreement on contractual parameters on length, money and guaranteed dollars, the real fight comes in the contractual language that could take a lot of time to come to terms.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer1m ago

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That list is a literal travesty, how in the flying fuck would Ware be above Aikman?

I don't even think Ware is a top 15-20 Cowboy of all time, let alone top 10.

Randy White at 2 smacks of someone trying to signal that they have some knowledge of the past when they really have none.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That list is a literal travesty, how in the flying fuck would Ware be above Aikman?

Randy White at 2 smacks of someone trying to signal that they have some knowledge of the past when they really have none.
Yeah someone trying to be edgy like "Hey, Aikman wasn't that great because he didn't throw 30 TDs a year."

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I'm going to play devil's advocate on this one. Not to shade Aikman or anything but I think this could be a case where our opinion of a player is elevated because they played on a team that had a lot of success.

Stats aren't everything obviously but I do think it hurts Aikman a little when you look at the fact that he averaged about 17 TD passes a year. Yeah yeah, style of play, I get all that. But some of the other elite QBs like Elway and Steve Young played with strong running games as well and still managed to hit 25-30 TDs per year.

Plus Ware made an NFL All Decade team and Aikman didn't. So that's why I don't think it's that far-fetched to place Ware above Aikman. Hell, if Romo won at least one Super Bowl and made at least one other NFCCG I think there would be a case to be made that he should be on this list. That's how much team success impacts our opinions when we're making these lists.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That was the product of Irvin always getting tackled inside the 5.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm going to play devil's advocate on this one. Not to shade Aikman or anything but I think this could be a case where our opinion of a player is elevated because they played on a team that had a lot of success.

Stats aren't everything obviously but I do think it hurts Aikman a little when you look at the fact that he averaged about 17 TD passes a year. Yeah yeah, style of play, I get all that. But some of the other elite QBs like Elway and Steve Young played with strong running games as well and still managed to hit 25-30 TDs per year.

Plus Ware made an NFL All Decade team and Aikman didn't. So that's why I don't think it's that far-fetched to place Ware above Aikman. Hell, if Romo won at least one Super Bowl and made at least one other NFCCG I think there would be a case to be made that he should be on this list. That's how much team success impacts our opinions when we're making these lists.
Yea but Aikman didn't win one Super Bowl, he won three, in 4 years at that.

If he won them under some flukey circumstances like Eli did, as a bus driver who floundered around for the rest of his career, that'd be one thing, but a QB winning 3 Super Bowls in 4 years is no fluke and that alone elevates him above only a handful of the most elite players the organization has ever had.

Ware was an excellent player, and he was probably more elite relative to his position than Aikman was, but at the end of the day he was the QB of 3 Super Bowl teams in 4 years and he wasn't Trent Dilfer-ing his way to those titles. There's no way you can put an elite player with an otherwise mostly forgettable career (as a Cowboy) above that on an all-time list of Cowboys.

I also disagree about Romo, perhaps if he had won a Super Bowl, but definitely not if he just made an NFCC appearance. If that were the case you might as well throw Danny White on the list.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I also disagree about Romo, perhaps if he had won a Super Bowl, but definitely not if he just made an NFCC appearance. If that were the case you might as well throw Danny White on the list.
Romo is the franchise leader in all the major passing categories that's why I think a single super bowl and NFCC appearance would probably place him on this list.

As for Ware, I think he's a victim of not playing on a winning team, which is my biggest point. If you swap out Charles Haley and insert Ware onto those 90s Cowboys teams and Ware got 2 or 3 rings with those Cowboys, I don't think anyone would really bat an eye with him being placed above Aikman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom