2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Because he knows that anything he says, outside of "I fully support BLM and everything these protesters are standing for" his words will somehow be turned racist. That's what this idiot society has turned into. He is smart to just sit back and not say anything.

Exactly. It's a fucking minefield. There's no way to win unless you are 100% in agreement with them. Fuck that. Lots of people are keeping their mouths shut right now and that is a smart thing to do.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

June 5:

The Dallas Cowboys on Friday issued a statement regarding social injustice in America.

“Our hearts are burning with anger and sadness,” the Cowboys say as part of their video message. “Racism and hatred have to stop. We have to come together to change the system."

Genghis Khan

Take Dontari Poe. He’s a journeyman NFL defensive tackle. Solid player. No real public profile. This offseason he joined the Cowboys. He’s now trolling Cowboys owner Jerry Jones because Jones has made no public statement in support of Black Lives Matter.

“His silence definitely means a lot because in any other situation (he) will have something to say about most things,” Poe told Bleacher Report. “…. Personally, I would hope that he comes out and says, ‘OK, I am willing to help, I am willing to fight, and I’m willing to be with y’all.”

Well, what if Jerry Jones disagrees with Poe and all the chaos, violence, looting and protesting that has transpired this summer? What if his silence is because social media has empowered thought-police mobs that will try to destroy Jones if he says what he really thinks?

Some very smart people who are legitimately concerned about the plight of black America think Black Lives Matter has prioritized the wrong agenda.

Black people need more nuclear families. Our communities need less hostility toward police. Some of us believe organizations that oppose religious faith shouldn’t be trusted to lead us. There are black, white and brown people who are more outraged and bothered when a young child is gunned down by gang members than when a drunken, paroled felon is killed in a fast-food drive-thru after fighting with police.

I don’t know what is driving Jerry Jones’ silence. I do know that bullying him to adopt the point of view of immature, emotional and brand-building athletes is a dangerous form of mob rule. I do know that most people whose worldview isn’t driven by Twitter think Black Lives Matter is a clever slogan disguised as a righteous, substantive movement.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Take Dontari Poe. He’s a journeyman NFL defensive tackle. Solid player. No real public profile. This offseason he joined the Cowboys. He’s now trolling Cowboys owner Jerry Jones because Jones has made no public statement in support of Black Lives Matter.

“His silence definitely means a lot because in any other situation (he) will have something to say about most things,” Poe told Bleacher Report. “…. Personally, I would hope that he comes out and says, ‘OK, I am willing to help, I am willing to fight, and I’m willing to be with y’all.”

Well, what if Jerry Jones disagrees with Poe and all the chaos, violence, looting and protesting that has transpired this summer? What if his silence is because social media has empowered thought-police mobs that will try to destroy Jones if he says what he really thinks?

Some very smart people who are legitimately concerned about the plight of black America think Black Lives Matter has prioritized the wrong agenda.

Black people need more nuclear families. Our communities need less hostility toward police. Some of us believe organizations that oppose religious faith shouldn’t be trusted to lead us. There are black, white and brown people who are more outraged and bothered when a young child is gunned down by gang members than when a drunken, paroled felon is killed in a fast-food drive-thru after fighting with police.

I don’t know what is driving Jerry Jones’ silence. I do know that bullying him to adopt the point of view of immature, emotional and brand-building athletes is a dangerous form of mob rule. I do know that most people whose worldview isn’t driven by Twitter think Black Lives Matter is a clever slogan disguised as a righteous, substantive movement.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. :towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Too bad this is about as close as we are going to get seeing him in 2020.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

Genghis Khan

Smitty

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life
Still time to sign a high caliber free agent

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Really don't give the first fuck about what happens with Gregory.

If anything I might prefer that Gregory just steps away permanently and completely ends this pathetic dream the organization has had for 6 years now that a 10-sack edge rusher was just going to drop out of the sky any time now and save the day.

Unfortunately they already have their next golden ticket edge rusher fantasy replacement ready to go with Smith but at least he won't hang around like a black cloud for 6 years like Gregory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom