2020 Draft Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Woods in fine in the box anyway, it's not like our defense is going to shrivel up and die unless we have Kam Chancellor at SS.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have finally got into studying this year with both of these guys.

They are decent, but it just seems like since I am desperate for a safety, I excuse some things.

Honestly, I think taking Delpit or McKinney would be a bit of a reach.

The player I want is Winfield. I think he is better than the both of them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

They are decent, but it just seems like since I am desperate for a safety, I excuse some things.

I really like Winfield and could get on baord with him. Not saying I like him better than Delpit. That's further than I'm willing to go. But if I can get Epenesa or Kinlaw and Winfield in the second I'm doing cartwheels. Of course there is no guarantee Winfield makes it to our second pick.

I probably like that better than Delpit and whoever is left in the second round. Although Delpit and Weaver would be pretty exciting too.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I really like Winfield and could get on baord with him. Not saying I like him better than Delpit. That's further than I'm willing to go. But if I can get Epenesa or Kinlaw and Winfield in the second I'm doing cartwheels. Of course there is no guarantee Winfield makes it to our second pick.

I probably like that better than Delpit and whoever is left in the second round. Although Delpit and Weaver would be pretty exciting too.
If you could get Kinlaw or Epenesa at 17, would you bundle your 2nd and 3rd to move up to, say 34, to grab Delpit if he slips?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you could get Kinlaw or Epenesa at 17, would you bundle your 2nd and 3rd to move up to, say 34, to grab Delpit if he slips?
I hate to say it but yes. If you can get 2 probowlers in a draft I do it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I give this draft an A+ so far.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I could see 5 WR's in the first and 8 in the second, it'd be a bit of a stretch but I think it's definitely possible.

But 25-30 in the first 3 rounds?

Assuming 5 go in the first and 8 in the second that would mean another 12-18 WR's go in the third alone, which is completely preposterous.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Is this the Winfield's who played for Buffalo kid?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could see 5 WR's in the first and 8 in the second, it'd be a bit of a stretch but I think it's definitely possible.

But 25-30 in the first 3 rounds?

Assuming 5 go in the first and 8 in the second that would mean another 12-18 WR's go in the third alone, which is completely preposterous.
Even if there are 25 WRs with the value to go in the first few rounds they won't. Because nearly every NFL team would have to draft a WR to make that happen. And teams care about need too much.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I've read several scouting reports saying Delpit is a little weak at tackling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom