2020 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
There are exactly 10 weekends from Oct 24 - Dec 26.

The college football playoffs start on Jan 1st.

Unless the date to the playoffs are moved, it doesn't look like the Big 10 will be able to get in 10 games. Which leads me to this point. If they don't have that extra "data point" a Big 10 team shouldn't get into the playoffs over a team with a similar resume. That's the rule that the NCAA used for years against the Big 12 and other programs that didn't have conference championship games.

Fair is fair. :art

1bigfan13

Staff member
Just double checked and selection Sunday for the playoff teams is on Dec 20th. They are definitely not getting 10 games.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
That's weird. I heard that Maryland, Michigan and Rutgers were definite no-gos.

1bigfan13

Staff member
That's weird. I heard that Maryland, Michigan and Rutgers were definite no-gos.
I was hearing the same thing. I heard some national radio guys float the idea that not all Big 10 teams would return. They were basically making it sound as if no matter how the vote turned out Michigan was not going to play.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I was hearing the same thing. I heard some national radio guys float the idea that not all Big 10 teams would return. They were basically making it sound as if no matter how the vote turned out Michigan was not going to play.
Michigan is just trying to avoid another ass whooping by Ohio State. ;)

1bigfan13

Staff member
Michigan is just trying to avoid another ass whooping by Ohio State. ;)
Well Ryan Day was caught on audio saying he was going to run up the score on Michigan this year. This was in response to Harbaugh accusing OSU of running unauthorized offseason workouts during one of the Big 10 video conference calls. :lol

So yeah, I expect OSU to lay it on thick this year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There are exactly 10 weekends from Oct 24 - Dec 26.

The college football playoffs start on Jan 1st.

Unless the date to the playoffs are moved, it doesn't look like the Big 10 will be able to get in 10 games. Which leads me to this point. If they don't have that extra "data point" a Big 10 team shouldn't get into the playoffs over a team with a similar resume. That's the rule that the NCAA used for years against the Big 12 and other programs that didn't have conference championship games.

Fair is fair. :art
I like the way you think.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Damn I had to check the score. Didn't realize it was that close. :lol

I pulled the game up on ESPN+ for a few minutes and TT was up by 3 TDs so I turned it off assuming they'd cruise to an easy win.

Looks like this will be 6 straight Big 12 titles for Oklahoma. :fistpump

What do you predict Saturday against K State? Line is 27.5 but last year is still fresh on my mind.

1bigfan13

Staff member
What do you predict Saturday against K State? Line is 27.5 but last year is still fresh on my mind.
I think Oklahoma will win but I don't see them covering the spread unless the running game looks a lot better than it did in the opener. Granted we were missing a ton of players due to COVID related issues, but assuming those players are available, I could see Oklahoma winning something along the lines of 40-22.

midswat

... soon
So fkn excited for our season kick off tomorrow.

Not too late to jump on the Vols bandwagon before we get hot.

We’re fixing to be real good in the next couple years. Or maybe even.... SOONer.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
So fkn excited for our season kick off tomorrow.

Not too late to jump on the Vols bandwagon before we get hot.

We’re fixing to be real good in the next couple years. Or maybe even.... SOONer.
Then again 2050 isn't too late, either.

1bigfan13

Staff member
7 Kansas State players announced as late scratches for COVID related illnesses.

Seems like weekly cancellations/postponements is going to be a continuing theme this year in CFB.

It has to be a college behavior issue because we're not seeing these types of outbreaks & issues in other pro sports being played outside of a bubble.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Nice defensive stand by Oklahoma after the Rattler INT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom