2020 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Oklahoma's defense is as gutless as ever.

I knew it would take at least 2 full years to purge all the Mike Stoops stank off the roster so I'm honestly not surprised.

I've been saying 2021 will be our year since last year. I'm sticking to that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oklahoma's defense is as gutless as ever.

I knew it would take at least 2 full years to purge all the Mike Stoops stank off the roster so I'm honestly not surprised.

I've been saying 2021 will be our year since last year. I'm sticking to that.
Yeah they look real bad.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I haven't paid any attention to college football, how do the rankings work this year? Are they ranking teams that haven't started playing yet?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Down goes Oklahoma.

Shitty 2nd half performance did them in.

1bigfan13

Staff member
So I haven't paid any attention to college football, how do the rankings work this year? Are they ranking teams that haven't started playing yet?
Pretty much just treating them like the pre-season rankings. Basically just guessing who they think will be good.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Rattler's accuracy kind of blows
He actually has really good accuracy. It didn't show much in the 2nd half because the entire team sucked. Offense, defense, and ST. But in the 1st half he was a surgeon out there.

He was 22-24 for about 240 yards, 3 TDs, and 2 INTs at one point. One of the INTs came on a pass batted at the line.

Riley just did a horrible job countering K-States halftime adjustments.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
I wish I could care that OU lost, but I just don’t anymore. Its the same underachieving shit every year, losing to the same garbage teams every year. I only have enough room in my emotional reservoir to root for one perennial loser, and it will always be Dallas. There are only so many National Title/BCS/New Years Six/CFP/Weak ass conference opponent losses you can handle before you just let it go.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This TTU/UT game is nuts.

• 1 onside kick recovered for TTU followed by an immediate INT
  • 2 blocked punts (one for each team). The TTU blocked punt followed by an immediate INT
  • Blocked punt by TTU ended in a TD return

1bigfan13

Staff member
I had no idea about this. Kinda makes you think about a system of entitlement.
My guess is this is mainly due to odds makers not accurately assessing just how awful Oklahoma's defense has been for the past decade. While Oklahoma usually fields offenses that easily put up 45+ points most weeks, their defenses routinely give up 35+ points in return. So if the offense has an off day and "only" musters 35 points, there's a solid chance Oklahoma loses that game.

I remember when Baker was there, there would be about 3 or 4 games a year where the offense would score 50+ points and they'd still have to hold on for dear life and squeak out single-digit wins.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I thought #5 from Texas broke his damn neck on that fall. That shit looked nasty.

He's lucky to get up and walk away from that one.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I've been oddly attracted to this train wreck of a game between Georgia and Arkansas. It's like a bad car accident where you just can't bring yourself to look away.

Cotton

Staff member
I've been oddly attracted to this train wreck of a game between Georgia and Arkansas. It's like a bad car accident where you just can't bring yourself to look away.
That's how I view the TTU/UT game. Train wreck. But extremely entertaining/irritating.

Cotton

Staff member
We should be up by 14 points right now. Fucking Bowman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom