2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's amazing how play calling impacts turnovers dramatically on defense.
It's partly play calling, but a lot of it is simply in the day to day coaching in practices. Being taught to tear or bunch at the ball. Being taught to turn your fucking head when defensing a pass. Looking straight at you, Byron and Awuzie.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is beyond ridiculous that Wilson hasn't seen the field on defense this year after what he did in preseason.

Hell what could it possibly hurt to get him on the field? if he shows he is overwhelmed or blows some coverages then fine, relegate him back to special teams. But when you have one safety who is a gaping hole that cant cover or tackle consistently there's no reason not to at least try it.

We know they worked out Eric Berry (either before r right after training camp started, I cant remember) but my thinking is he is almost assuredly done. Otherwise someone would have surely signed him by now.
Berry wanted Earl Thomas money at the time. My guess is though that Berry only wants to play if the financials make it worth it. Which is probably why he won't play again. He isn't a 10 mil a year player anymore.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's partly play calling, but a lot of it is simply in the day to day coaching in practices. Being taught to tear or bunch at the ball. Being taught to turn your fucking head when defensing a pass. Looking straight at you, Byron and Awuzie.
It's about the coverages you call and confusing QBs. If guys backs are to the ball you'll get far fewer INTs for example. If a QB knows your coverage before the snap he isn't likely to throw an INT to a LBer or safety he didn't think would be there.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's about the coverages you call and confusing QBs. If guys backs are to the ball you'll get far fewer INTs for example. If a QB knows your coverage before the snap he isn't likely to throw an INT to a LBer or safety he didn't think would be there.
Like I said, it's partly play calling, but that isn't all of it. You can call the most ingenious coverage schemes all day but if you have DBs not playing the ball, then it doesn't matter.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Grand-spawn of Jerry got in the game last night for Arkansas, I had already turned it off so didn't see him play but he helped them avoid the shutout. Finished 6/7 for 49 yds and a TD in garbage time.
There’s a reason that the defense was bad his first two years. Bob Stoops made a deal for his brother with the school when he turned over the reins to Riley. Mike Stoops was allowed to play out his contract. Riley installed a DC that took over this season and there has been significant improvements. He crapped in his mess kit on his schemes for the K State game. The alignments were loose coverage for the undersized secondary and it ate the sooners defense alive Saturday.

tagged the wrong quote for this response. Sorry.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
And in todays episode of "How dumb is a Zoner"

"AHHHH. Aaron Jones is better than Zeke Elliott and costs nowhere near what he does!!!!!"

7 page thread there now with all kinds of fucktardism.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Wow, all kinds of extreme idiocy in that "What would give up for Jamal Adams???"

"Hey gais, lets trade LVE for Adams!!!!! Makes us a better team, we can just play Lee in his spot!!!!!"

"Hey gais, lets trade 1st & 4th next yr and 3rd rd pick in 2021 picks for a guy with two career ints!!!!!!!"

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Speaking of ultra-retardism:

To NYJ:
2020 1st
2021 1st
2020 4th

To DAL:
Jamal Adams

He just turned 24 and is a HOF talent and still has 1.5 years left on his rookie contract and his option can be picked up for an additional year of club control before he gets a new contract.

Our next two 1sts will be late 1st rd picks. Getting proven young elite talent for that is a steal.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
And in todays episode of "How dumb is a Zoner"

"AHHHH. Aaron Jones is better than Zeke Elliott and costs nowhere near what he does!!!!!"

7 page thread there now with all kinds of fucktardism.
Nah the worst thread I've seen over there is the one using cherry picked stats to claim Whitten is the 4th best TE so far this year, it has Kelce at #8 :picard

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Time to sign some extensions

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life
No reaction?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey but he say down on his birthday and talked to Marinelli before the draft. He has character!

God everyone could see this shit coming from a mile away. Well everyone except the Cowboys.

Last edited:

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Hey but he say down on his birthday and talked to Marinelli before the draft. He has character!

God everyone could see this shit coming from a mile away. Well everyone except the Cowboys.
We (I'm assuming Marinelli) tried to downplay his attitude and motivation concerns. From what I read, I'm thinking he was a project player of sorts. No one, and I do mean no one, that I'm aware of said he was ready to make an immediate impact. Having said that, why in the hell would select him with your first pick? Knowing you're picking on the back end of the third round with your next selection?
Not labeling him a bust yet by any means. But shouldn't he be showing flashes by now? Shouldn't we at least be hearing some gametime announcers saying something like "Hill is showing some real potential out there"?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We (I'm assuming Marinelli) tried to downplay his attitude and motivation concerns. From what I read, I'm thinking he was a project player of sorts. No one, and I do mean no one, that I'm aware of said he was ready to make an immediate impact. Having said that, why in the hell would select him with your first pick? Knowing you're picking on the back end of the third round with your next selection?
Not labeling him a bust yet by any means. But shouldn't he be showing flashes by now? Shouldn't we at least be hearing some gametime announcers saying something like "Hill is showing some real potential out there"?
Raw player with poor work ethic is a guaranteed fail. Afterall how the hell is a guy going to live up to the potential if he won't put in the work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom