2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Cowboysrock55

That's odd because there was just that article where he said he would step down to keep Kris Richard. I don't put much stock in this tweet other than Marinelli isn't planning to retire.

DLK150

Cowboysrock55

It's funny but not actually true. Garrett is either a bad coach or he isn't. Winning 11 games or 7 shouldn't really matter. But I get that Jerry doesn't see it that way.

Rev

It's funny but not actually true. Garrett is either a bad coach or he isn't. Winning 11 games or 7 shouldn't really matter. But I get that Jerry doesn't see it that way.
Thats all that matters and makes this tweet true with this team.

Cowboysrock55

Thats all that matters and makes this tweet true with this team.
It's sad that we have to hope for a less talented roster in order to fire our coach. Those two things shouldn't be connected.

Couchcoach

Vomit

mschmidt64

That's odd because there was just that article where he said he would step down to keep Kris Richard. I don't put much stock in this tweet other than Marinelli isn't planning to retire.
I think he said "he would do whatever it takes" to facilitate Richard staying. I assume that could have meant "except retiring or agreeing to a demotion." He may have meant he's willing to share duties, let Richard have more input, etc.

Cowboysrock55

I think he said "he would do whatever it takes" to facilitate Richard staying. I assume that could have meant "except retiring or agreeing to a demotion." He may have meant he's willing to share duties, let Richard have more input, etc.
He actually went specifically in to the fact that titles don't matter to him.

"I’ll do whatever the Cowboys need to be done for us to keep Kris Richard,'' defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli tells me in an exclusive visit. "I only care about on
what’s best for the players. I don’t care about titles. Having Kris here is best for the players. That’s I am in favor of.''

Rev

Pick would be higher and possibly a HC would be fired.

I know anything could have happened the rest of the way but Cooper turned that offense around.

Rev

I will admit that I'm glad that we have Cooper despite (imo) that keeping Garrett's job safe.

GShock

Going to rage post some Mosher

GShock

GShock

GShock

GShock

GShock

GShock

GShock

GShock

GShock

GShock

mschmidt64

I think that is all very fair speculation and analysis. I don't think there's a hard ceiling, but as a general rule, this seems like it might be as far as he can take a team. He can mold them into a good, functioning team, even out of bad circumstances, but can't get them over the hump to elite. Which would make sense when the best part of what he brings is order, organization, stability, and consistency, but not necessarily innovation or insight.

Which is why it would be so important that, if you value his stability as Jerry clearly does, that you shake things up somewhere else. Like OC and QB coach.

Couchcoach

To me this isn't as telling as being on the shit list of one of three teams to not make the conference title game in twenty years.

Top Bottom