Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
What tiny west Texas town did he come from?
Stamford. I'm shocked Tech didn't want him. Can't remember the story there, but IIRC he wanted to go there but they were full up or something.

Cotton

Staff member
Stamford. I'm shocked Tech didn't want him. Can't remember the story there, but IIRC he wanted to go there but they were full up or something.
At the time he came out of high school, our WR stable was pretty full.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really like how Gesiki has looked. Allen Lazard has also looked excellent today. I'd like both on my team in Dallas.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
For the UCF contingent. I'm not usually high on older players but I actually think your TE looks really good. Jordan Akins looks really smooth as a route runner and shows really good hands. This TE class may not have an uber first round TE type but the Senior Bowl is showing that there is some legit guys to be had after the first round.

D

Deuce

For the UCF contingent. I'm not usually high on older players but I actually think your TE looks really good. Jordan Akins looks really smooth as a route runner and shows really good hands. This TE class may not have an uber first round TE type but the Senior Bowl is showing that there is some legit guys to be had after the first round.
He’s a great player, just has limited years to offer since he spent 4 years playing baseball before coming to us. He’s a natural athlete who came up as a WR and only moved to TE in Frost’s scheme because he’s such a mismatch with his athleticism and speed on LBs.

If he was 23 years old, he’d be getting serious looks high in the draft.

Between him, Shaquem and Hughes getting 1st round pub, we’re looking to dominate draft weekend.

And thats not even counting two guys who were big time contributors in Tony Geurad and Jaymius Pittman. Both have played 4-3 DT and 3-4 DE. Pittman actually played NT his junior year but moved back outside last season. They constantly brought pressure in a scheme where they weren’t relied upon to do so.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He’s a great player, just has limited years to offer since he spent 4 years playing baseball before coming to us. He’s a natural athlete who came up as a WR and only moved to TE in Frost’s scheme because he’s such a mismatch with his athleticism and speed on LBs.

Between him, Shaquem and Hughes getting 1st round pub, we’re looking to dominate draft weekend.

And thats not even counting two guys who were big time contributors in Tony Geurad and Jaymius Pittman. Both have played 4-3 DT and 3-4 DE. Pittman actually played NT his junior year but moved back outside last season. They constantly brought pressure in a scheme where they weren’t relied upon to do so.
He was great because of what the Rangers taught him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Like I said, usually I'm down on older guys but for a middle round pick he looks like a guy who may be able to be a weapon right away.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Wynn seems like the perfect flex OL who could go LG or swing tackle.

Just don't know if he makes it to the mid-2nd. He's good.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I prefer Will Hernandez if he is still available in the second. I think he could be a stud LG.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I prefer Will Hernandez if he is still available in the second. I think he could be a stud LG.
I don't think that is likely. This might be one of those rare drafts when a couple of guards (Nelson going first) will be picks in the initial round.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think that is likely. This might be one of those rare drafts when a couple of guards (Nelson going first) will be picks in the initial round.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he snuck into the late first round. But for a 340 dude he moves around really well and is impossible for most of these guys to drive backwards. I'm not big on using a second round pick on an Olineman but a guy like that would get me excited.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
He just oozes douchebag. You can see it all over him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Yeah, after Nelson, he is the guy I want. He can play swing tackle. Almost the perfect guy we need. Just at 19 seems too rich.

Top Bottom