2018 Senior Bowl Stuff...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Josh Allen is doing exactly what I thought he would do. Inspire nausea if you evaluate him solely off what he does, not what you think he could do.
And now Allen looks like a stud. Streaky, streaky streaky

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And now Allen looks like a stud. Streaky, streaky streaky
It helps when he is asked to do exactly what he does well.

Those were all designed plays that were perfect for him.

He is not a bum. He has the arm talent. But if you take him as your savior, you better have the perfect scheme set up for him.

He can "make all the throws", but the majority of the time, and his college career reflects this, he needs optimal circumstances.

He is not a play creator at all. He can make the ones set up for him, but it better be under perfect laboratory like situations.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
One thing that befuddles me is how a Miami player is playing for the north.

I hate to keep beating that drum but I would still take Durham Smythe in the mid rounds and not because he went to ND. I think he could be a sleeper pick in the third or fourth round.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
One thing that befuddles me is how a Miami player is playing for the north.

I hate to keep beating that drum but I would still take Durham Smythe in the mid rounds and not because he went to ND. I think he could be a sleeper pick in the third or fourth round.
Third round isn't a sleeper pick for that guy. 6th round would be a sleeper pick for.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are no sleeper picks for that range. It is a reach there.
Yeah in the third round you're expecting a good starting TE. That's not really what I'd consider a sleeper for him. I'd consider it a reach. Not a knock on the guy but there are other TEs I'd take that high.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, Baker Mayfield has now declined an interview with the Bears. Douche. Bag.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
so is he limiting interviews to teams that are likely to draft a qb high? because that would eliminate the Bears.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

D

Deuce

So, Baker Mayfield has now declined an interview with the Bears. Douche. Bag.
Maybe he’s already been promised something. I know the Broncos specifically asked to coach the North so they could work with him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Maybe he’s already been promised something. I know the Broncos specifically asked to coach the North so they could work with him.
Maybe it’s a normal thing, but to me it seems dumb to turn down an interview. And very douchey.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
It is pretty much a joke and has been for years but it's probably the last football I'll watch until August or thereabouts. Wait, I forgot the SB will be on but I doubt I'll pay much attention to it. It would be like watching both my exes starring in a sitcom.

Top Bottom