Status
Not open for further replies.

midswat

... soon

Interesting.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Oklahoma’s Rodney Anderson will not face rape charges according to the cCleveland County prosecutors office.
It was basically another Zeke Elliott situation.

- Scorned girlfriend/"friend with benefits" making very sketchy assault accusations
- Text messages and and statements from the accuser's friends contradicting her story
- The accused providing evidence that highlights the dishonesty and vengefulness of the accuser

Luckily for Rodney Anderson he's not in the NFL, otherwise Goodell would have simply taken her word and ignored every shred of evidence that exonerates him.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Interesting.
Well that wasn't smart...

midswat

... soon
Any time you're losing highly ranked commits I think it's a bad sign. But there is still time to recover.
Even in a coaching change? When the new coach runs a different system that might not match the kids skill set?

Don't get me wrong... we had a number of highly touted recruits (5 star OT Cade Mays, 4 star CB Jaycee Horn etc) decommit during the season before Butch was even fired, and yeah, that was obviously a negative. But the guys leaving recently are being asked to look elsewhere.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Gibbs extended through 2019, [MENTION=19]skidadl[/MENTION] and [MENTION=28]Rev[/MENTION]. :towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Speaking of recruits and recruiting.... does any of you really follow/get into this? Because I do. I find it just as interesting as I used to find the NFL draft back when I was an NFL fannatic.
I have never got into it even though it seems natural since I am an NFL draft nut.

But predicting what some 18 year old is going to do is stupid. Plus you can't look at a high school player and evaluate how they played against competition.

It is like the draft, but even more of a gamble on athletes.

What is funny is to look at the top signees in each prep crop.

The majority of them fizzle out. Either they are stupid and flunk out of school, get into trouble or get hurt.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Gibbs extended through 2019, [MENTION=19]skidadl[/MENTION] and [MENTION=28]Rev[/MENTION]. :towel
Good. Herm can go shove it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Herm Edwards was going after him, right?
Yep. They coached together with the Chiefs. I guess Tech decided to match or beat the $650k that Herm was offering him.

midswat

... soon
I have never got into it even though it seems natural since I am an NFL draft nut.

But predicting what some 18 year old is going to do is stupid. Plus you can't look at a high school player and evaluate how they played against competition.

It is like the draft, but even more of a gamble on athletes.

What is funny is to look at the top signees in each prep crop.

The majority of them fizzle out. Either they are stupid and flunk out of school, get into trouble or get hurt.
A lot of truth here. That said, the best programs are usually anchored by the best recruiting classes. And if you do watch the NFL draft, most of the first round guys were 4/5 star guys coming out of HS.

It's basically the same as the NFL draft. I mean in my peak fandom I used to read write ups on 7 round mock drafts and watch the draft all the way to the end. Many 3rd rounders and below amount to nothing, but it didn't matter to me because I still was wrapped into it at the time.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That is an illustration of someone who is already drafted and is being subjected to a league disciplines. It’s not the same as being subjected to a clubs determination to draft someone. Joe Mixon was drafted and the league had no say so about what he did in college.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That is an illustration of someone who is already drafted and is being subjected to a league disciplines. It’s not the same as being subjected to a clubs determination to draft someone. Joe Mixon was drafted and the league had no say so about what he did in college.
:picard

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
We got a PWO commit today from an IMG kid that had offers from UCF, Colorado, Virginia and a few others. Today is a rare day that I don't feel kicked in the nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom