2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

midswat

... soon
Vols amazing offseason continues

D

Deuce

That danged Frost! But for real I’ve read where UCF might be keeping him away.

Anywho did you see what heupel did at Missouri? I’m sure he’ll coach ‘em up just fine.

:art
UCF isn’t keeping him from anything. He, UCF and Nebraska agreed that each school would pay 50% of the salaries for the Bowl season in exchange for them all going to Nebraska to recruit immediately. But once all coaches decided to go, Frost is trying to hold up the process and get paid more.

As for Heupel, I saw he took over the 124th ranked offense and turned it into the 13th and 7th in his 2 years. That’s why I expect the offense to continue to roll next year. But it’s unfair to ask him to coach a team he’s never worked with before and expect a win over a quality team in just 3 weeks. Frost needs to either excuse himself from the process, but ask the assistants to keep working through the Peach bowl (my preference) or just man up and go trough with it and stop being a whining pussy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Vols amazing offseason continues

:lol

midswat

... soon
UCF isn’t keeping him from anything. He, UCF and Nebraska agreed that each school would pay 50% of the salaries for the Bowl season in exchange for them all going to Nebraska to recruit immediately. But once all coaches decided to go, Frost is trying to hold up the process and get paid more.

As for Heupel, I saw he took over the 124th ranked offense and turned it into the 13th and 7th in his 2 years. That’s why I expect the offense to continue to roll next year. But it’s unfair to ask him to coach a team he’s never worked with before and expect a win over a quality team in just 3 weeks. Frost needs to either excuse himself from the process, but ask the assistants to keep working through the Peach bowl (my preference) or just man up and go trough with it and stop being a whining pussy.
You were so in love with him not that long ago. Now you're coming across like a jilted lover.

D

Deuce

You were so in love with him not that long ago. Now you're coming across like a jilted lover.
I’m not calling BS on anything that others wouldn’t after having heard him say certain things for the last 2 years.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I’m not calling BS on anything that others wouldn’t after having heard him say certain things for the last 2 years.
I understand why you're pissed but it was sort of a perfect storm for Frost. He's a God in Nebraska + money + going home for him. I'm sure he meant what he said at the time. Any other circumstance and he stays imo. You can't really blame the guy.

midswat

... soon
Made no sense for him to stay at UCF. Any coach with ambition would’ve left.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Pulling for my man Baker Mayfield to bag the Heisman Trophy.

D

Deuce

I understand why you're pissed but it was sort of a perfect storm for Frost. He's a God in Nebraska + money + going home for him. I'm sure he meant what he said at the time. Any other circumstance and he stays imo. You can't really blame the guy.
I don’t blame him for going. I get the pull to him. I personally don’t think it’s a job worth taking, but whatevs.

I blame him for being dishonest about it while actively recruiting for Nebraska and using our official visits to do so.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Thank you Kliff Kingsbury for making this happen. For the state of Oklahoma, you're the real MVP.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I blame him for being dishonest about it while actively recruiting for Nebraska and using our official visits to do so.
He did that? That is pretty sorry.

D

Deuce

Probably not. Deuce is just jilted.
Yep, probably just me.

Well, me and the recruit who was asked after the game how his visit went and he talked about being told not to commit because the coaches were leaving in 2 weeks.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm going to reach out to Mayfield and the Oklahoma Athletic Dept. to see if they'll send an autographed 8 x 10 of Mayfield with the Heisman trophy to Texas Tech. Just so they can have a something to put in their trophy case to showcase to recruits that says -- "hey, come to Tech. We kinda sorta have a Heisman winner."

Maybe find an old pic with him in his TTU uniform and Photoshop the trophy in there.....I don't know, the possibilities are endless.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm going to reach out to Mayfield and the Oklahoma Athletic Dept. to see if they'll send an autographed 8 x 10 of Mayfield with the Heisman trophy to Texas Tech. Just so they can have a something to put in their trophy case to showcase to recruits that says -- "hey, come to Tech. We kinda sorta have a Heisman winner."

Maybe find an old pic with him in his TTU uniform and Photoshop the trophy in there.....I don't know, the possibilities are endless.
I really hate you right now.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

I hate you so much right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom