Must See Movies

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Finally watched Baby Driver. It was good, but I think I went in with my expectations a little too high after reading all of the hype. I did not see a great movie. The cinematography was well done, but it was just a good movie too me. Again, maybe I had my expectations too high.
I don't like you anymore.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Watching Rouge One again but this time with the understanding of the context of the story. Not a bad movie and I don't have to spend all the mental puzzles of why certain characters appeared as they did. Call me semi enlightened.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I was critical of the GOTG2 soundtrack, but it is great. The original and that soundtrack were huge...Baby Driver also had excellent music...I honestly did not even know about Jon Spencer...that Young MC song is great...and the Focus song as well. I really have enjoyed how movies have utilized music that I may never have listened to. Suicide Squad got me curious about Queen again as well, so much so that I have their entire, delicious catalog now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was critical of the GOTG2 soundtrack, but it is great. The original and that soundtrack were huge...Baby Driver also had excellent music...I honestly did not even know about Jon Spencer...that Young MC song is great...and the Focus song as well. I really have enjoyed how movies have utilized music that I may never have listened to. Suicide Squad got me curious about Queen again as well, so much so that I have their entire, delicious catalog now.
A great soundtrack can elevate a movie and is a crucial part of me liking a more to elevate from good to great or even from average flick to consider it good.

Put it you simply, who didn't get jazzed up by the Wonder Woman theme?

But I can honestly I normally would not listen to an artist playing the electric cello, would not even cross my mind.

I did after seeing Tina Guo freaking raping that cello. She is quite talented, in addition to being damned hot.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Music is very important...The Dark Knight trilogy had thr best composed music for a superhero movie ever. Mam of Steel was excellent as well...and the original Superman is iconic. Something like the new Spiderman lacks because it has really nothing as it's own.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Dunkirk was pretty amazing...the movie is pretty much led by unknowns, with a mix of stars here and there. You definitely get a unique perspective and feel the dread and danger a war like this would present. Tom Hardy...face mostly covered up by his flight gear...did an amazing job, he steals the show by the end. He just continues to make great stuff.

data

Forbes #1
It's amazing how Adam Sandler is still able to make movies after making so many many shitastic ones.

midswat

... soon
Saw two movies this weekend....

Girls Trip - Had to appease the girlfriend and go see this. Had some funny parts but nothing special. Seemed to drag on forever too. Jada Pinkett looked old as hell in this as well, and I used to think she was pretty cute back in the day.

Split - Like almost every M. Night Shamalyan (or whatever) movie, it was an interesting concept that had a retarded ending. Skip it. I will say, however, that the actor who played the lead role did an exceptional job. I've never seen him in any films before but I was impressed by his performance.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Saw two movies this weekend....

Girls Trip - Had to appease the girlfriend and go see this. Had some funny parts but nothing special. Seemed to drag on forever too. Jada Pinkett looked old as hell in this as well, and I used to think she was pretty cute back in the day.

Split - Like almost every M. Night Shamalyan (or whatever) movie, it was an interesting concept that had a retarded ending. Skip it. I will say, however, that the actor who played the lead role did an exceptional job. I've never seen him in any films before but I was impressed by his performance.
X-men??? He's the young profesor Xavier, also one with Angelina

midswat

... soon
I don't watch comic book movies.

Way I was raised

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dunkirk was pretty amazing...the movie is pretty much led by unknowns, with a mix of stars here and there. You definitely get a unique perspective and feel the dread and danger a war like this would present. Tom Hardy...face mostly covered up by his flight gear...did an amazing job, he steals the show by the end. He just continues to make great stuff.
Just got back from that. It was okay. Definitely get the dread part. It was pretty grim.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So The Big Sick was really well done, funny, and dare I say...emo. Good movie.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Finally went and saw Baby Driver tonight, really fun movie and didn't disappoint after all the hype

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So The Big Sick was really well done, funny, and dare I say...emo. Good movie.
Wanted to see that but my theater yanked it.

For the epitome of a piece of shit movie that shows our complete moral decay in The Emoji Movie.

Top Bottom