3 to be within striking distance?
We would win the division with ease if we were 5-4 when Romo came back, hell, I think we win it if we are just 4-5.
I also cannot believe the cold streak our defense is on regarding sacks and turnovers. We aren't allowing a ton of points but we just can't impose anything on the offenses we are facing. I think teams are adjusting and calling very quick plays to counteract potential pass rush, which is showing up by keeping scoring down but it's preventing us from getting many big plays on D.
I also cannot believe the cold streak our defense is on regarding sacks and turnovers. We aren't allowing a ton of points but we just can't impose anything on the offenses we are facing. I think teams are adjusting and calling very quick plays to counteract potential pass rush, which is showing up by keeping scoring down but it's preventing us from getting many big plays on D.
The way I see it, the bulk of the blame definitely rests at the feet of the coaching staff.
The game plan was way too conservative. I get that Cassel is limited in what he can do but the play calling inside the red zone was an absolute joke. It felt like they were happily settling for FG attempts.
There was a definite "playing not to lose" mentality with the offense yesterday for practically the entire game.
It's sickening and is of no entertainment value to me. If that's their offensive philosophy then I'm not going to even bother watching games until Romo returns.
Fuck you all. We tried the HB Pass play. Obviously the coaching staff is trying.
I don't know what more you all expect.
Reminds me of the 1999 season. When healthy, we won and the season began with great promise. Once major injury happened in Philadelphia (Irvin and Romo), we sputtered remainder of year.
Jerruh continued to avoid QB situation even though aikman was a strong breeze from the next concussion. Romo's pretty much there, each hit resulting in an injury, yet we haven't prepared for life after.
Tough to argue with Sturm as usual. Need to get a little desperate.
Still, they had the chance at the end... Not as egregious as some think either. Both approaches are long shots.
I think generally speaking the game plan was fine, Cassel threw the game away against the Giants, what do you think is going to happen against a far superior defense?
With that said, you have to be situationally aggressive, it's fine being ultra conservative for the majority of the game but there are moments when you have to go for the game. You spend the whole game being ultra-conservative just so you can take a few shots to win it, we didn't take those shots.
I'm generally talking about the 3 and outs following the Hardy INT and the blocked FG, especially that 3rd and 2 where it was clear the Seahawks were selling out against the run. Go play-action, roll out there, something.
I totally understand being ultra-conservative for most of the game, but you have to be aggressive in a few key moments, we weren't.
Still, they had the chance at the end... Not as egregious as some think either. Both approaches are long shots.
Broaddus says the downfield stuff was called and available and that Cassel chose to check it down on his own most of the day.
Broaddus says the downfield stuff was called and available and that Cassel chose to check it down on his own most of the day.